• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Callahan: "What you need ... is someone to stand up on the bench and say something."

Phil

Vally actually made a good point in the post game too. The worst teams he's played for were the nicest locker rooms. Get the sense that this locker room is a bit too 'nice/passive' especially with the one outspoken guy kicked out of the team. Purely my conjecture, but they need to hold each other more accountable even if it means ruffling feathers.

There's a reason this guy wore the "C". Other than the trip to Kohl's for that outfit, he hits the nail right on the head with this!

Incredible line. :rofl:

But, yeah, they have leadership, but they don't have a leader if that makes sense.

Vally actually made a good point in the post game too. The worst teams he's played for were the nicest locker rooms. Get the sense that this locker room is a bit too 'nice/passive' especially with the one outspoken guy kicked out of the team. Purely my conjecture, but they need to hold each other more accountable even if it means ruffling feathers.

People that normally speak up are considered to be leaders. A leader acts and plays as exemplary players both on and of the ice.

When your leaders are not doing shit ( Zibb, Kreider, Trouba), who is going to say something?

Even if they did, why should I listen to what Zibb, Trouba and Kreider has to say when they suck the whole season.

They should just give Kreider the C and maybe he'll feel more inclined to speak up. Even though he hasn't produced in the last couple of games, he has been alot more noticable and skating really well. This team needs a leader because Daddy Quinn isn't cutting the mustard.

People that normally speak up are considered to be leaders. A leader acts and plays as exemplary players both on and of the ice.

When your leaders are not doing shit ( Zibb, Kreider, Trouba), who is going to say something?

Even if they did, why should I listen to what Zibb, Trouba and Kreider had to say when they suck the whole season.

Zib is usually down, depressed, and moping. Not really getting my juices going.

I can't remember Trouba speaking about anything important... easily forgettable.

Kreider is vanilla, not even Callahan vanilla, but like unflavored vanilla. He's a veteran, but not the leader.

I loved the quote from Jagr about when Avery would come in the lockerroom and call him out right to his face for having a bad game. We saw Lundqvist do this to defensemen (although fans hated it), but Karan is right with the Vally quote - holding eachother accountable is a big deal when its 23 guys all living in a room together for the entire season.

Yeah, that may be a better way to describe it. They have plenty of veteran players/experience. They have no actual leader.

It was just good timing, I said the same thing on a call a few minutes ago about an experienced employee.

Wouldn't that fall on someone like Kreifer who has the longest tenure on the team or a maybe a Trouba someone needs to take control?

You can't make a leader, or force someone to be one.

Even in the NHL, I dont think 'leading by example' is enough. A lot of fans dont think the C is important. It is, but having a leader in an army is even more important.

You can't make a leader, or force someone to be one.

Even in the NHL, I dont think 'leading by example' is enough. A lot of fans dont think the C is important. It is, but having a leader in an army is even more important.

I agree and it felt that way when they gave the "C" to Ryan McDonagh, but was natural for a guy like Ryan Callahan

They should just give Kreider the C and maybe he'll feel more inclined to speak up. Even though he hasn't produced in the last couple of games, he has been alot more noticable and skating really well. This team needs a leader because Daddy Quinn isn't cutting the mustard.

They def should. Will make for a fun game of Where’s Waldo “Captain Edition” for those several sabbaticals he takes every season.

My galaxy brain theory on this one is that Callahan isn't being brought in to do in-between period analysis; he's being brought in to get a real good look at this team before he takes on a coach role.

I assumed Valiquette was in COVID protocol and couldnt be in studio.