• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Censorship II

BrooksBurner

Stop. Disagreements arent welcome in the political section. If they were, there would’ve been conversations there. Instead, there is ganging up on anyone who disagrees.

Not sure why you feel the need to direct me to "stop". Lets just have a conversation.

I was just in the politics section participating in a conversation about the role of journalism where both sides are being represented. There is a significant difference between not allowing for disagreements and challenging opinions you disagree with.

We all know what the issue on the forum is in that regard. Conservatives who post very frequently are simply outnumbered here. There are far more active liberal posters than conservative ones in the politics section. I get why that feels like ganging up. But the answer can't be for conservatives to be allowed to violate forum rules because they are outnumbered.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*whines about bait*

“Let’s have an honest discussion about the political section”

:rofl:

What is your goal for participating in this discussion, Josh?

This isnt CNN, we dont come here as master debators armed with articles ready to be quoted. Most come to discuss their points of view on life and hockey. We dont stockpile links for every to rebuff every post someone typed. Neither should you.

I don't make the rules, I'm not even on the staff. But that's what's required in that tread. You make a claim, you back it up.

Also, the whole idea of censorship is comical to me, personally, because I've been infracted in the politics section (not warned, not thread banned, INFRACTED) for the same shit other people do. But the staff literally goes out of their way to accommodate conservatives and are way stricter with liberals for essentially the same behavior.

I’ll chime in a bit because I’m on board with Mikey. I think the political forum blows. We all have one thing in common and that’s hockey; Rangers specifically. I mostly avoid the sub part of the forum like the plague unless it’s Police related and I feel like I can add a unique perspective. Can’t even do that anymore because our world these days takes social media comments, isolates them, and can be used against you if outside sources need (not this boards fault of course). I kind of read and contribute a little but it’s so cringe worthy sometimes, I’d rather just walk away.

I look at this place like my neighbors. I love my neighbors if they want to discuss our lawns, the weather, what little Jonny down the block did, our kids, whatever. What I don’t want is to know or see their political signs impaled into their lawn staring at me. It doesn’t make for good neighbors regardless of whether it’s my stance or not. Then Avs in, I put up a joke sign that said “dogs 2020 because humans just suck” to a lot of honks and laughs.

I agree with Josh about the circle jerk part even if it’s a crude analogy lol.I also agree with cccp that it’s a cancer. It’s mostly each thread saying one POV, patting each other on the back for agreeing, doubling down, and acting like a mob in a way whenever someone comes in with a different take. I don’t even see how it’s healthy for the board in the first place.

In a perfect world, there would be no liter on the streets. No one would liter so there would be no reason to clean up after them. You are correct, we do not live in a perfect world. So there are those who liter, there are those who have to clean up after them, and even for those efforts, there is still liter on the streets. But there is much less liter because some do clean up after those who toss their trash wherever. And there's nothing wrong with putting up signs to say, "don't liter".

You spelled litter wrong 38 times in 1 post. I still think you’re a good person though.

I’ll chime in a bit because I’m on board with Mikey. I think the political forum blows. We all have one thing in common and that’s hockey; Rangers specifically. I mostly avoid the sub part of the forum like the plague unless it’s Police related and I feel like I can add a unique perspective. Can’t even do that anymore because our world these days takes social media comments, isolates them, and can be used against you if outside sources need (not this boards fault of course). I kind of read and contribute a little but it’s so cringe worthy sometimes, I’d rather just walk away.

I look at this place like my neighbors. I love my neighbors if they want to discuss our lawns, the weather, what little Jonny down the block did, our kids, whatever. What I don’t want is to know or see their political signs impaled into their lawn staring at me. It doesn’t make for good neighbors regardless of whether it’s my stance or not. Then Avs in, I put up a joke sign that said “dogs 2020 because humans just suck” to a lot of honks and laughs.

I agree with Josh about the circle jerk part even if it’s a crude analogy lol.I also agree with cccp that it’s a cancer. It’s mostly each thread saying one POV, patting each other on the back for agreeing, doubling down, and acting like a mob in a way whenever someone comes in with a different take. I don’t even see how it’s healthy for the board in the first place.

You guys realize that there are other users here who feel like there is a "circle jerk" on the other side who behaves in exactly the same way, right?

We wish!

We get warned, infracted and thread banned. Hence the thread.

If you want people to listen to you, you need to listen to other people. I've already addressed this.

I get actions taken against me way more than you guys do. They go out of their way to give room for your opinion, even when it's presented in a lazy way.

It's mind boggling to me that you even complain about it, to be honest.

You guys realize that there are other users here who feel like there is a "circle jerk" on the other side who behaves in exactly the same way, right?

I mean, I don’t see that as a neutral but I suppose it’s possible. Doesn’t that only make the point even stronger about how bad the political forum is in the first place then?

If you want people to listen to you, you need to listen to other people. I've already addressed this.

I get actions taken against me way more than you guys do. They go out of their way to give room for your opinion, even when it's presented in a lazy way.

It's mind boggling to me that you even complain about it, to be honest.

It’s a forum, not a blog. People should be allowed to express personal opinions. I shouldn’t need to quote some shit heads

Tweet for MY opinion.

I miss the days of, for example “Tony DeAngelo is a cunt”

And we all just moved on to the next post.

But now it hs to include a tweet, a link to a blog, an analytics chart, 2 personal references, a copy of your voter registration card ... and that’s if your opinion is approved by the board. It’s exhausting for everyone, mods especially.

Like, shit. We can’t even bust balls any more, even if they’re little things like Pete’s.

I mean, I don?t see that as a neutral but I suppose it?s possible. Doesn?t that only make the point even stronger about how bad the political forum is in the first place then?
The politics forum is what it is. I'll say it again, it's not the ideology that's getting posts removed and what not, it's the laziness. That section requires an enhanced level of effort and if you're not willing to put in the work, then don't post there.

Rmc51 does it. He's not getting thread banned for his POV, but I bet he is when he can't make his point without insulting someone else the same as me LOL.

You can look through this tread and see the people complaining about censorship have a habit of posting as if this was twitter. Least amount of characters it takes to "trigger the libs".

These people know who they are and know what they're doing.

It?s a forum, not a blog. People should be allowed to express personal opinions. I shouldn?t need to quote some shit heads

Tweet for MY opinion.

I miss the days of, for example ?Tony DeAngelo is a cunt?

And we all just moved on to the next post.

But now it hs to include a tweet, a link to a blog, an analytics chart, 2 personal references, a copy of your voter registration card ... and that?s if your opinion is approved by the board. It?s exhausting for everyone, mods especially.

Like, shit. We can?t even bust balls any more, even if they?re little things like Pete?s.

Not in the politics section, no, you need factual backup to have honest debate. We don't debate feelings we debate facts.

Ironically is the "censored" crowd that keeps the ADA argument political. I just call him a cunt and move to the next post.

The politics forum is what it is. I'll say it again, it's not the ideology that's getting posts removed and what not, it's the laziness. That section requires an enhanced level of effort and if you're not willing to put in the work, then don't post there.

Rmc51 does it. He's not getting thread banned for his POV, but I bet he is when he can't make his point without insulting someone else the same as me LOL.

You can look through this tread and see the people complaining about censorship have a habit of posting as if this was twitter. Least amount of characters it takes to "trigger the libs".

These people know who they are and know what they're doing.

this isnt a political forum, we dont have to be armed with links to prove points. most here just want to discuss personal opinions. some of you want to shove your opinions up our ass.

you were against the political sections not too long ago, what changed?

this isnt a political forum, we dont have to be armed with links to prove points. most here just want to discuss personal opinions. some of you want to shove your opinions up our ass.
The owner of the board says you do, in that section. Because anyone can have an opinion and if it's not supported by data it's not worth discussing.

you were against the political sections not too long ago, what changed?
Still am, but it's not my decision. So as long as it exists, there are rules. You break 'em and you're gone. I don't always agree with the way the rules are applied either, but it's not my board.

this thread is a waste of time. Our opinions and complaints dont mean shit. This forum is for Phil's pleasure, not about its users.

i really feel bad for Dunny..lol

It's a waste of time because no one is looking at themselves. Look at the OP...Thought he got removed from an ADA thread for having a dissenting opinion (which wasn't even dissenting, it's pretty 50/50), didn't even once consider he was removed for doing things like purposefully misstating someone else's opinion and twisting words. Says that there's "one person" responsible when threads escalate, when other people think he's the reason threads escalate...Look there's always 2 sides to the complaining. If people aren't even aware of their own actions and how they are part of this shit themselves, then yea this is a waste of time when there's a lack of self awareness.

I'm just here to tell you, I get removed, banned and infracted more than any of you so I'm not sure how you're being censored. I was removed from the ADA thread, too. So who was censored? Someone who was acting like a child, someone who called that person a child, and Dunny for being Dunny LOL.

Maybe so you guys can focus anger and frustration towards me and actually listen to what some of the others are saying.

Like, actually listen.

We do listen. We've heard this complaint, this same exact complaint, for years.

Look at it from our side. Many mods like discussing politics in the same we way like discussing the Rangers. We put out our opinions, expect them to be both agreed with by some and challenged by others. Both of those things help us further refine our views. We enjoy debate, we are not looking for what some call a "circle jerk". That's boring. None of us want that.

At the same time, mods have the role of running the forum the way Phil wants. So mods have to be involved with cleaning up posts that do not adhere to those standards. Very few members face discipline with a smile and a thanks. Sometimes when we discipline a conservative member, we get accused of censorship and targeting them not because of a post that violated the forum rules, but because we want to stifle debate.

Can you imagine how absurd that might sound to us?

If it were true, we could easily just ban conservatives. We literally have the tools at our disposal to do that. We could easily have the kind of discussion some here think we crave. Just lock the doors to anyone who doesn't agree with us. But obviously, we haven't. We could do that just for the politics section. We could hide it from view from anyone who isn't liberal, on a user by user basis. But we haven't.

And because we haven't, every so often, we have to have a thread like this one, where we get accused of all sorts of things. It's tiring.

this thread is a waste of time. Our opinions and complaints dont mean shit. This forum is for Phil's pleasure, not about its users.

i really feel bad for Dunny..lol

You want to keep running with this narrative be my guest. It?s clear no ones going to convince you otherwise.

If you?re that unhappy, you?re free to leave at any time.