• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Censorship II

BrooksBurner

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People here are expected to act like responsible adults. When they don't, they get dinged in whatever way the mod team sees fit. There's all kinds of censorship in a public forum. Self censorship where members (should) stop themselves from saying things that the owner of the forum does not allow. Moderation censorship when members do not.

When you get dinged, there's a note that goes along with that most times. When it happens with a thread ban, there's no note. If you get thread banned and you PM a mod to ask why (and do so respectfully) you'll get a response 100% of the time.

When you get dinged, take that information for what it is and try not to repeat that speech because it isn't welcomed.

This really isn't all that difficult. Responsible adults should be capable of having respectful conversations on any topic. If you can't be a responsible adult here, it's probably time to go elsewhere, as Phil has stated over and over. No one makes you participate.

I’d be perfectly fine if we banned political discussion here. Or at least banned it outside of the politics thread entirely.

I’m all for talking red or blue, I don’t participate nearly as much as some of you do mostly because the effort you guys put into sourcing things and writing up long posts etc is a little to much for me to devote time to but I respect that a lot of you do on both sides.

But it leads to too much bad blood in my opinion- every thread turns into some sort of red/blue deangelo/trump haters, masks/no masks etc etc chat.

Let it go.. there’s plenty to talk about other than that. Hell, most of you guys probably have more in common than you disagree on. No ones changing their opinion and at a certain point it changes from discourse to nagging and baiting and prodding.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Political discussion is banned/censored.

For anything that doesn’t align with the ideology of the blue coats

• Like 1

People here are expected to act like responsible adults. When they don't, they get dinged in whatever way the mod team sees fit. There's all kinds of censorship in a public forum. Self censorship where members (should) stop themselves from saying things that the owner of the forum does not allow. Moderation censorship when members do not.

When you get dinged, there's a note that goes along with that most times. When it happens with a thread ban, there's no note. If you get thread banned and you PM a mod to ask why (and do so respectfully) you'll get a response 100% of the time.

When you get dinged, take that information for what it is and try not to repeat that speech because it isn't welcomed.

This really isn't all that difficult. Responsible adults should be capable of having respectful conversations on any topic. If you can't be a responsible adult here, it's probably time to go elsewhere, as Phil has stated over and over. No one makes you participate.

Oh stop. Some of the mods post the worst, rule breaking shit. Trolling, name calling, moving threads off topic to discuss politics... then thread banning anyone with different opinions and removing their posts.

It's not because of ideology. It's because one side is putting in effort, research, links, and the other side largely just posts hot takes.

Out of all the conservatives on the board, rmc51 is the only one who contributes with well thought out posts with articles and links.

If you don't have time to do it the way everyone else is doing it, then don't post in that section.

Josh, this is simply untrue. Go to the politics section right now and you find robust conversation from multiple perspectives.

Why do you feel the need to come in here and lie?

It's not because of ideology. It's because one side is putting in effort, research, links, and the other side largely just posts hot takes.

Out of all the conservatives on the board, rmc51 is the only one who contributes with well thought out posts with articles and links.

If you don't have time to do it the way everyone else is doing it, then don't post in that section.

A lot of us avoid the circle jerk threads. I happened to be posting in a thread that then got moved, and banned because my opinion “didn’t look like everyone else’s”

Oh stop. Some of the mods post the worst, rule breaking shit. Trolling, name calling, moving threads off topic to discuss politics... then thread banning anyone with different opinions and removing their posts.

If you find a mod breaking a forum rule, there is a report feature. Use it. We have had mods cross the line at times and like any other user, they are disciplined for it.

I'll ask again for you or anyone else that feels this way to go to the politics section right now and see that there are very lively discussions going on that show that what you are saying is simply untrue.

A lot of us avoid the circle jerk threads. I happened to be posting in a thread that then got moved, and banned because my opinion ?didn?t look like everyone else?s?
What does this reply have to do with the point I just made? it's not about the point of view, it's about the lack of effort.

Do you know how frustrating it is to post articles, links etc and then get replied to with a five-word hot take?

Of course you don't, because you don't put any effort into political posts the way you do hockey posts.

Josh, this is simply untrue. Go to the politics section right now and you find robust conversation from multiple perspectives.

Why do you feel the need to come in here and lie?

The fact that this is a rangers board and you haven’t posted anything about hockey in 3 years is exactly what this board is. You only show up to have an ego boost trying to tell people why you are smarter than them but add nothing of substance to any discussion. Like I said, the political circle jerk.

“Oh, my idea is so good, keep stroking, oh yeah!”

• Like 2

The fact that this is a rangers board and you haven’t posted anything about hockey in 3 years is exactly what this board is. You only show up to have an ego boost trying to tell people why you are smarter than them but add nothing of substance to any discussion. Like I said, the political circle jerk.

“Oh, my idea is so good, keep stroking, oh yeah!”

I barely post anymore because of my life situation. I do not have time to fully engage in a way that's respectful to the people I'd be debating with. So instead I just read a lot. When I do have time, I'll drop a post or two on a topic that interests me. You know, the reason to participate on a forum.

Now, your response to what I've posted is exactly why you probably feel persecuted here. You attacked me as only posting for "an ego boost" and that I'm engaging in a "political circle jerk". Instead of responding to what I posted, you've attacked me. And your post should be removed and you should be infracted for it. That's not because of your politics. It's because you're breaking forum rules.

Yeah, in a perfect world maybe. You’ve been around the internet long enough to know otherwise

Yeah, in a perfect world maybe. You’ve been around the internet long enough to know otherwise

In a perfect world, there would be no liter on the streets. No one would liter so there would be no reason to clean up after them. You are correct, we do not live in a perfect world. So there are those who liter, there are those who have to clean up after them, and even for those efforts, there is still liter on the streets. But there is much less liter because some do clean up after those who toss their trash wherever. And there's nothing wrong with putting up signs to say, "don't liter".

If you find a mod breaking a forum rule, there is a report feature. Use it. We have had mods cross the line at times and like any other user, they are disciplined for it.

I'll ask again for you or anyone else that feels this way to go to the politics section right now and see that there are very lively discussions going on that show that what you are saying is simply untrue.

Of course. Remove anyone who disagrees and all you’ll have is one group jerking each other off.

Anyone who is sceptical about a vaccine is called an anti-vaxer and and idiot. By a mod, non-the less, who few people had on ignore before he was “promoted”.

• Like 1

In a perfect world, there would be no liter on the streets. No one would liter so there would be no reason to clean up after them. You are correct, we do not live in a perfect world. So there are those who liter, there are those who have to clean up after them, and even for those efforts, there is still liter on the streets. But there is much less liter because some do clean up after those who toss their trash wherever. And there's nothing wrong with putting up signs to say, "don't liter".

If you disagree you liter. That what is comes down to in the end

What does this reply have to do with the point I just made? it's not about the point of view, it's about the lack of effort.

Do you know how frustrating it is to post articles, links etc and then get replied to with a five-word hot take?

Of course you don't, because you don't put any effort into political posts the way you do hockey posts.

This isnt CNN, we dont come here as master debators armed with articles ready to be quoted. Most come to discuss their points of view on life and hockey. We dont stockpile links for every to rebuff every post someone typed. Neither should you.

Of course. Remove anyone who disagrees and all you’ll have is one group jerking each other off.

Anyone who is sceptical about a vaccine is called an anti-vaxer and and idiot. By a mod, non-the less, who few people had on ignore before he was “promoted”.

Well, I'd point out that you haven't been removed and you disagree plenty, right? As to your second point, report a post by a mod that does that and we would take action if appropriate, just like with any other user.

If you disagree you liter. That what is comes down to in the end

No, disagreement isn't something we consider liter. Personal attacks are liter. Making a post to bait someone into an argument rather than to participate in a debate is liter.

We welcome disagreement. We just ask that you be prepared to engage in a discussion and support your opinions.

Well, I'd point out that you haven't been removed and you disagree plenty, right? As to your second point, report a post by a mod that does that and we would take action if appropriate, just like with any other user.

I’ve been removed plenty. Bottom line is that political section is cancer. It took many good people away from here. But as long as we all agree the dems are better than the reps

No, disagreement isn't something we consider liter. Personal attacks are liter. Making a post to bait someone into an argument rather than to participate in a debate is liter.

We welcome disagreement. We just ask that you be prepared to engage in a discussion and support your opinions.

Stop. Disagreements arent welcome in the political section. If they were, there would’ve been conversations there. Instead, there is ganging up on anyone who disagrees.

I’ve been removed plenty. Bottom line is that political section is cancer. It took many good people away from here. But as long as we all agree the dems are better than the reps

I won't get into your person history about individual instances because it's not appropriate, but obviously you're still here posting on the forum.

If you feel that way about the politics section, why go there? I'm honestly interested since it's a section I mostly enjoy. And I'm certainly to the right of all the other mods here.