• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (9) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // 5-3 Without Third Periods \_(ツ)_/

Drew a Penalty

Damn!! Good for Fox!! ...guy's a dynamo!!

I hope we roll with Igor against the Caps Thursday night...other than chasing a wide shot, he was pretty good last night as well!

Agreed on both parts.

As far as Georgiev goes, he could use a game against the Leafs, but it ain't in the cards.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after a WIN where the team:

-overcame 48 hours of ADA drama

-losing him for the game

-losing Kakko right before the game

-having 3 "new" players in the lineup

-having to play with 5 D for much of the game

We'll chose to complain about a rookie who didn't even play well getting 9 mins of ice time.

Brilliant.

Would u be happier if we complained about how the team still looked lost and uninspired for 2/3 of the game yet luckily squeaked out our first regulation win in over 2 weeks and still showed they can’t play. 60 minutes of hockey?

It’s a nice win but you know......sprinkles on a shit sundae

Would u be happier if we complained about how the team still looked lost and uninspired for 2/3 of the game yet luckily squeaked out our first regulation win in over 2 weeks and still showed they can?t play. 60 minutes of hockey?

It?s a nice win but you know......sprinkles on a shit sundae

Oh you're so clever! Using my own word against me! LOL

I actually would prefer if you complained about that, rather than 1 game where 1 player was underutilized in a lineup shuffle game we won by a goal.

Then whine after a game that didn't have the first five things I listed.

We've discussed on here for years now, the importance of a rebuild isnt the record. It's ensuring the kids continue to play, and grow.

Did playing a limited number of minutes help Lafreniere's professional growth? Probably not.

Lafreneire's growth is much more important than finishing with 43 vs 42 points for last in the division. I'd watch them lose every game if the kids are put in a position to be successful for the future benefit of the organization.

I actually would prefer if you complained about that, rather than 1 game where 1 player was underutilized in a lineup shuffle game we won by a goal.

but that's the thing, Lafreneire was out there with a 1 goal lead with 2 minutes left. Why wasnt he out there for any other part of the game? That makes absolutely no sense. I know you dont think the game much, but how do you justify that at all?

but that's the thing, Lafreneire was out there with a 1 goal lead with 2 minutes left. Why wasnt he out there for any other part of the game? That makes absolutely no sense. I know you dont think the game much, but how do you justify that at all?

They had just killed a penalty and needed someone with some fresh legs? Look at the overall ice time. PP1 and penalty killers are at the top. PP2 and non penalty killers are at the bottom. Its not a Quinnspiracy, it was a game heavy in special teams.

Oh, a backhanded comment, shocker. Take a walk.

They had just killed a penalty and needed someone with some fresh legs? Look at the overall ice time. PP1 and penalty killers are at the top. PP2 and non penalty killers are at the bottom. Its not a Quinnspiracy, it was a game heavy in special teams.

Oh, hey common sense! The Rangers took 6 penalties and Laf doesn't PK.

Guess someone has to "think the game" a little better.

Also inB4 "It's still on Quinn to find Laf the ice time." :rolleyes:

I was pretty proud of myself yeah :)

not sure if this was brought up during the GDT at all since I wasnt posting during the game.

But what a game for Lemieux. Drew three penalties, and was a huge headache for Pitt.

These past two games he's just been playing some really good hockey. Perhaps his best stretch here, even though just a handful of games.

Oh, a backhanded comment, shocker. Take a walk.

No, any time some one mentions something about a coach, or what a player might be thinking you are always there to say “you don’t know that”. Literally, you don’t think the game. And you tell others they can’t. Not a backhand comment, different approach to watching. Doesn’t mean I can’t.

• Like 1

No, any time some one mentions something about a coach, or what a player might be thinking you are always there to say ?you don?t know that?. Literally, you don?t think the game. And you tell others they can?t. Not a backhand comment, different approach to watching. Doesn?t mean I can?t.

Sure, bud. Whatever you say.

Lemieux is on a better PPG pace than Zibanejad.

My son is about Zib's age and in great shape. It took him a full month after "recovering" from COVID to get to anything resembling full strength - even though he was back at work, etc. I know everyone reacts differently, but I'm inclined to believe Zib has had either lingering or receding effects for the first set of games here.

If he's still a dollar short and a day late in a couple weeks, I'll be happy to join the chorus of derision.

Just play a solid 60 minutes, if anything the last 3 games against PIT have shown.

Pretty much this. We had a much improved third period and in spite of taking too many penalties (again) we played as near a 60-minute game as any so far this season.

Is it just me or does our PP ?look? much better than PIT?s? We really seem to move the puck well and to my eyes at least, appear to have the beginning of something good. Plenty of work left to go and one game doesn?t fix everything but heck, it?s a win.