• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The NEW Dinner Thread

4EverRangerFrank

Those of you who use cast iron skillets. Do you have any tips for cleaning them when there is shit really burnt/caked on? I tried rinsing with hot water and a brush. I have tried boiling water to help break it up and then scrubbing with salt/baking powder. Last night I did what I should never and used a metal spatula(it was round edged). That helped a lot but there is still a lot of shit left over. My next step is taking the wire brush attachment for my drill to it and grinding the pan down to nothing and restarting the seasoning process.
We're getting this to try and get all the caked on stuff off the Insta Pot. I'll report back, or just give it a try.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GT7MDGJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_S4KCZZMXVEMB5K378Q4W

We're getting this to try and get all the caked on stuff off the Insta Pot. I'll report back, or just give it a try.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GT7MDGJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_S4KCZZMXVEMB5K378Q4W

I don't think that is something that should be used on cast iron. You're not supposed to use soaps and chemicals on cast iron as it can be "soaked in/absorbed" into the pan and ruin the taste of what you're cooking. I probably shouldn't have even used the baking soda. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don't think that is something that should be used on cast iron. You're not supposed to use soaps and chemicals on cast iron as it can be "soaked in/absorbed" into the pan and ruin the taste of what you're cooking. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Oh cast iron. Duh. Yea you're right.

First Hello Fresh salmon dinner last night for 4. The sauce recipe made the dinner great - Dijon with sour cream and condensed stock. (When we can again, I?m taking the ?sauces? class at CIA because that is what makes the difference for most dishes.) I?m a little disappointed with portions. Rule of thumb is 1/2lb fish per person. We received 20oz for all. Could have used another potato or two and a carrot for the veggie medley.

Tonight?s dinner has 5oz of beef pp where 4oz is plenty so maybe they know something I don?t.

Recipes are good and we will repeat some of the dishes for sure.

First Hello Fresh salmon dinner last night for 4. The sauce recipe made the dinner great - Dijon with sour cream and condensed stock. (When we can again, I’m taking the ‘sauces’ class at CIA because that is what makes the difference for most dishes.) I’m a little disappointed with portions. Rule of thumb is 1/2lb fish per person. We received 20oz for all. Could have used another potato or two and a carrot for the veggie medley.

Tonight’s dinner has 5oz of beef pp where 4oz is plenty so maybe they know something I don’t.

Recipes are good and we will repeat some of the dishes for sure.

This your first time trying out hello fresh?

Me and the wife did blue apron for a while (got progressively worse as we did it), hello fresh which wasn?t great, and finally settled on home chef which I highly recommend. Meals are fantastic. Portion sizes could be a bit bigger on some meals but as someone who tends to eat everything on his plate (I have a problem) the smaller portions helped keep the weight off for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Nice! I’ve found their best recipes are the meatball ones, tacos, and rice bowls.

I liked the food itself, just thought it was too pricey. Was using it when I was single and living alone. the 3 dinners for 2 were meant to be 6 dinners for me which would have been a good deal but the portions werent very big most of the time. ended up paying $60 a week for 3 dinners and still needed to grocery shop on top of that anyway. Hello Fresh did teach me though that I could save a lot of money by grocery shopping smart and that I could actually cook, so there is that.

I liked the food itself, just thought it was too pricey. Was using it when I was single and living alone. the 3 dinners for 2 were meant to be 6 dinners for me which would have been a good deal but the portions werent very big most of the time. ended up paying $60 a week for 3 dinners and still needed to grocery shop on top of that anyway. Hello Fresh did teach me though that I could save a lot of money by grocery shopping smart and that I could actually cook, so there is that.

Portions are not huge but they seem okay for me since im trying to cut down and cant burn calories like i could in my sub 40s but I understand what you mean.

HelloFresh pork tacos last night were really good. Tonight we'll have a marsala dish from them and I cannot wait. Good stuff.

Glad you are enjoying it. We’ve really been as well.

Today we did grilled harissa chicken with tabouli with a feta cream sauce.

Was very good.