• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Draft Night - Pick #22

Flynn

Oh, I'm with you all the way, Winter. I like Holloway for the Rangers at #22. That would be a pretty good score. I also like Perrault. Someone's gonna slip through a little bit. I hope we catch one of those guys! :thumbs:

It's not out of the realm of possibility. The Devils pick 3 times before our pick at 22. I feel that with the 3rd pick, they'd be in a position to grab a player that they feel they need rather than the BPA like maybe a guy like Bourque or Neighbours.

Good call out.

So 7.5% of an 81.5M cap is 6.11M, and the Rangers are sitting at 7.21M (1.1M overage as noted in the tweet). Assuming Lafreniere will have a similar bonus structure as last year's #1 pick Jack Hughes (2.85M), they now have 3.95M in overages.

They have 23M in cap space, down to 19.05M because of overages.

I wouldn't call it a significant cap concern, but it's enough to limit them from making that one extra splash ($3-4M signing) if they wanted to.

Good call out.

So 7.5% of an 81.5M cap is 6.11M, and the Rangers are sitting at 7.21M (1.1M overage as noted in the tweet). Assuming Lafreniere will have a similar bonus structure as last year's #1 pick Jack Hughes (2.85M), they now have 3.95M in overages.

They have 23M in cap space, down to 19.05M because of overages.

I wouldn't call it a significant cap concern, but it's enough to limit them from making that one extra splash ($3-4M signing) if they wanted to.

It's annoying, that's all.

They'll have to send down a bunch of these guys until the season stats.

When does the summer cap shit end?