• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Boys

Drew a Penalty

6 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Clearly just milking it now. I kind of feel it's unnecessary as well, but it shouldn't be totally shocking given how popular it is. Season 2 didn't strike a huge chord with me either, although I still found it entertaining most of the time. There's also that animated series 'Invincible' on Amazon Prime that's very 'The Boys-ish', so they kind of jumped on the bandwagon there.

Invincible is an entirely separate IP but there are some similarities in the story and overlapping producers (Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This continues to be probably the best show on TV. Full of originality and satire while, and let's be honest here, still boasting better character development than almost any other TV show right now. They've taken the dumbass marvel formula and made a show that makes fun of it while simultaneously producing a better piece than that studio has in years. Bravo. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This continues to be probably the best show on TV. Full of originality and satire while, and let's be honest here, still boasting better character development than almost any other TV show right now. They've taken the dumbass marvel formula and made a show that makes fun of it while simultaneously producing a better piece than that studio has in years. Bravo. 

You can't even compare what Marvel is doing to what this show is. I don't disagree that the show is awesome, but not sure how you can hold it up to the MCU, for different reasons.

20 hours ago, Pete said:

You can't even compare what Marvel is doing to what this show is. I don't disagree that the show is awesome, but not sure how you can hold it up to the MCU, for different reasons.

I'm just comparing the show quality here, not the overall strategic plan, which of course I agree with you. The MCU content quality over the past many years has fallen off a cliff when compared to this, even though you're right, the whole building this wide spanning universe thing is beyond reproach

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

I'm just comparing the show quality here, not the overall strategic plan, which of course I agree with you. The MCU content quality over the past many years has fallen off a cliff when compared to this, even though you're right, the whole building this wide spanning universe thing is beyond reproach

I agree with you on most of the Disney+ stuff, but the movies have always been solid at worst. Except Thor Dark World. Fuck that shit. 

• LMFAO 1

• 1 year later...