• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL, PA Discussing Formats for Next Season

Phil

I don't see how players buy in to living in bubbles for 6 or so months.

Agreed. At the same time, if they are choosing between getting paid or not...well, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I'd like to think they would have something in mind to address the players being able to see their families. Perhaps some rotating breaks (1 week) throughout the season to do so, followed by testing before re-entering the bubble.

Agreed. At the same time, if they are choosing between getting paid or not...well, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I'd like to think they would have something in mind to address the players being able to see their families. Perhaps some rotating breaks (1 week) throughout the season to do so, followed by testing before re-entering the bubble.

This, they'll do it if they want to get paid. It's a luxury being able to opt out of the bubble right now because there's no salary at stake.

I?m thinking viewership will be pretty strong if teams were able to play a normal schedule, even if playing in empty buildings.

Can players cross the line between home and arenas like they used to and not have health repercussions? That?s the crux of it right there. How to weigh the risk v. payday?

We might see some big names voluntarily retire. Guys who have been getting paid well and saving for their future. If health is #1 concern, it will become the obvious choice for some.

It?s the ?bottom 6 or 9? that have to keep playing. On some level they don?t have to play but I?m suspecting they are not financially set to walk away. They could be, especially when faced with such a choice as we have right now, but that?s a huge call. What would happen to their careers? A vaccine is so determinative to the survivability of the league. Tough decisions ahead.

As a fan, do you keep watching? As a player, what would you do?

You can sell it for this tournament. Every round, you are cutting the overhead-hotels, security, medical-in half. But a whole season 4-6 months? Simply it would be prohibitively expensive.

It sucks, but it is is what it is. It's going to be like this for at least another year for sure. I saw this on Reddit where MSG stated they aren't allowing any crowds until at least 2021. Maybe someone on here can confirm that? It makes sense. With all of the excitement around the Rangers with Lafreniere, it will suck not having the MSG crowd next season.