• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fast Expected to Depart in Free Agency

Phil

Tony D's offense puts him in line with where Torey Krug was in 2015. Krug put up back to back 40 point seasons as a 23/24-year-old. DeAngelo put up 30 and then 50 points as a 23/24-year-old. Krug signed a one year deal worth $3.4M (5% of cap), put up a 45 point season and then signed a four year, $5.25M per deal (7% of cap).

In today cap hit ($81.5M), that's $4M on a one year deal, $5.7M on a four year deal.

I don't recall what Krug's defense was like at that point in his career, so someone who followed him more closely would have to illustrate whether he was the nightmare that is Tony D in his own zone or if he was more serviceable. If better defensively, that should shave off some cap hit on DeAngelo's deal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nieves is the exact equivalent of Fogarty. Their impacts are the same. Nieves is just faster. Neither is more than a 13th forward.

Either one is a better fit than Haley or Mckegg. Atleast they can kill penalties and maybe contribute some sort of puck possession, instead of being pinned in their own end.

Either one is a better fit than Haley or Mckegg. Atleast they can kill penalties and maybe contribute some sort of puck possession, instead of being pinned in their own end.

Better than Haley I'll agree, but he's largely irrelevant as a dude who only ended up playing 22 games. McKegg, Nieves, and Fogarty is a wash. They're all the same type of player.

Tony D's offense puts him in line with where Torey Krug was in 2015. Krug put up back to back 40 point seasons as a 23/24-year-old. DeAngelo put up 30 and then 50 points as a 23/24-year-old. Krug signed a one year deal worth $3.4M (5% of cap), put up a 45 point season and then signed a four year, $5.25M per deal (7% of cap).

In today cap hit ($81.5M), that's $4M on a one year deal, $5.7M on a four year deal.

I don't recall what Krug's defense was like at that point in his career, so someone who followed him more closely would have to illustrate whether he was the nightmare that is Tony D in his own zone or if he was more serviceable. If better defensively, that should shave off some cap hit on DeAngelo's deal.

I think ADA will sign 4 year @ 5 mil