• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tony DeAngelo to Host "Watch Your Tone" Lifestyle & Hockey Podcast

Phil

I keep saying Avery mentioned. He wasn't an asshole to fans like Tony. Avery was loved by the fans, so much he sat in the blue seats with fans one time when he was injured.

Tony goes out of his way to troll his own fanbase.

I don't really see the comparison at all.

Because there isn't one. Avery as an asshole to other players on the ice and said some things that got him in hot water to the media. Tony's entire online presence is designed to "trigger the libs" and to goad his own team's fans into lashing out at him. They're not even in the same stratosphere of PR problems.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as we all know athletes have a different standard so that “if he were an average employee...” because it’s irrelevant. Towards them end of his career wasnt Avery was arrested during the offseason and still played some games the following year “representing” the Rangers?

I’m not buying that “primary target” of ADAs Twitter is the Rangers fan base.

You're right — it's not his "primary" target. Just one of them. And that's a bridge too far. Especially coming from a guy who literally said he didn't want to talk about politics anymore because he didn't like his mentions becoming a war zone for the fans. Something that was clearly bullshit seeing as he, weeks later, invited one of them to fist fight him outside the Garden.

You're right — it's not his "primary" target. Just one of them. And that's a bridge too far. Especially coming from a guy who literally said he didn't want to talk about politics anymore because he didn't like his mentions becoming a war zone for the fans. Something that was clearly bullshit seeing as he, weeks later, invited one of them to fist fight him outside the Garden.

So he wants to talk politics? So effing what? I see tons of politic talk that is cringe worthy. Grain of salt. He flew off the handle before. It’s idiotic but not why he was asked to take down Twitter. It was the covid remark from what it seems.

As I said, can’t all be round pegs. Always better that way, even if it means allowing idiotic voices in the mix.

How about we agree to disagree. No sense spinning wheels

So he wants to talk politics? So effing what? I see tons of politic talk that is cringe worthy. Grain of salt. He flew off the handle before. It’s idiotic but not why he was asked to take down Twitter. It was the covid remark from what it seems.

As I said, can’t all be round pegs. Always better that way, even if it means allowing idiotic voices in the mix.

How about we agree to disagree. No sense spinning wheels

I mean, if you don't to continue, that's fine. I'm not "agreeing to disagree." I've stated my position. I'm holding to it.

I mean, if you don't to continue, that's fine. I'm not "agreeing to disagree." I've stated my position. I'm holding to it.

Yeah, that's the definition of agreeing to disagree. You think A, I think B. Neither of us are changing our minds and I odnt see much point in arguing all day to see who can type louder. :)

I've never read or seen a single tweet of his or listened to any podcast he has done but I've always felt he was a dbag so none of this surprises me. I would still prefer he gets moved for another piece I find him hard to root for. Obviously he brings offense (which I'm hoping others can grow into and offset) but his defense is atrocious and honestly I don't think he's tough at all I think it's more false bravado. He's a mini yapping ankle biting dog. Can't stand them.

Do I want him to be successful while he's here, yes of course.

No Avery did it mid career with the sloppy seconds and stuff comments. We sure as an organization didn?t mind taking him back from Dallas after that. I, just saying there is a bit of hypocrisy here in my opinion. I think ADA is an idiot. But so what? I still think it?s semantics. He tweets something outrageous and some fans get triggered and respond. Then ADA is just being himself. He?s a meat head from NJ. He just happens to also posses elite level of hockey skills. But sure, let?s neuter him because it?s not what we agree with.
I don't think what Avery did and ADA did is the same at all.

I don't think what he does on the ice has anything to do with Twitter, nor do they affect each other at all.

But we're not going to agree on this so I'm willing to just let it go.

honestly I don't think he's tough at all I think it's more false bravado. He's a mini yapping ankle biting dog. Can't stand them.

Really? He's no NHL enforcer by any means but he's fought and defended teammates on the Rangers since he's been here which considering his size isn't half bad. Better than most others on the roster in terms of sticking up for himself or others.So you think he's a dbag based on what then if you've never seen one tweet or heard a podcast? Not trying to minimize your opinion but if you truly haven't seen any of that stuff, what are you basing this on?

I don't think what Avery did and ADA did is the same at all.

I don't think what he does on the ice has anything to do with Twitter, nor do they affect each other at all.

But we're not going to agree on this so I'm willing to just let it go.

I think ADA is what he is. Personally, i could live without his tweets but maybe since i dont have a twitter account i dont see enough of it to give a crap. I llistened to 15 minutes of one podcast and found is ingredibly boring. It's no spittin chicklets for sure. What i see is elite offensive talent with a little mean streak to not back down when he needs to. He takes dumb penalties and needs to work on his D. However if this is what he is for his career, he is fairly affordable and provides offense from a good spot om D. He may be a casualty of the flat cap if it goes past his contract or doesn't significantly bump up (which it wont) but still. Offensively he literally was on pace for close to 70 points. That does not come easy from the D on any team let alone one on Broadway.

Really? He's no NHL enforcer by any means but he's fought and defended teammates on the Rangers since he's been here which considering his size isn't half bad. Better than most others on the roster in terms of sticking up for himself or others.So you think he's a dbag based on what then if you've never seen one tweet or heard a podcast? Not trying to minimize your opinion but if you truly haven't seen any of that stuff, what are you basing this on?

Being on here and seeing he challenged a fan to a fight to me is ridiculous and something you just don't do under any circumstances. The fact that the org had to continue to deal with his immaturity up until last season is a negative to me. Is it really a great thing that maybe he finally turned the corner, maybe? As for toughness I think he probably does back down, he's had 5 fights in 200 NHL games for a guy who never shuts up. I think most of his talking is done after scrums and on the bench. Has he stepped up and lost fights, sure a couple (based on a post above) has he won any I would have to look at the other three. Do you think he's really a tough guy to play against, as in a hard hitting dman, a guy who's going to clear you out from in front of the net? I don't. To me it's tough to hit effectively when you're out of position chasing the puck all over the ice.

There's no denying his offensive side. Same as there's no denying he can't defend. He's a polarizing guy on and off the ice. Again I hope he succeeds as long as he's here whether it's another year or 10.

• Like 1

Being on here and seeing he challenged a fan to a fight to me is ridiculous and something you just don't do under any circumstances. The fact that the org had to continue to deal with his immaturity up until last season is a negative to me. Is it really a great thing that maybe he finally turned the corner, maybe? As for toughness I think he probably does back down, he's had 5 fights in 200 NHL games for a guy who never shuts up. I think most of his talking is done after scrums and on the bench. Has he stepped up and lost fights, sure a couple (based on a post above) has he won any I would have to look at the other three. Do you think he's really a tough guy to play against, as in a hard hitting dman, a guy who's going to clear you out from in front of the net? I don't. To me it's tough to hit effectively when you're out of position chasing the puck all over the ice.

There's no denying his offensive side. Same as there's no denying he can't defend. He's a polarizing guy on and off the ice. Again I hope he succeeds as long as he's here whether it's another year or 10.

No I odnt think he's a bruising "tough to play against guy" but you sjsd he has false bravado and isn't tough. Big difference between that and saying he doesn't clear guys from in front of the net. He might talk but he doesn't exactly back down if challenged either and that, takes some toughness in this league. That deserves recognition

There are probably 2 guys in the league that would care about his political views or his twitter.

But, he's also a loud obnoxious Italian that talks shit. On-ice, yeah, thats going to piss people off. So will being the 5th most offensively productive defenseman in the league. He'll hit, he'll fight. Is he hard to play against? No... not yet. But if he can continue to develop in all of these areas, he's going to make more people notice when they are playing against him.

Society 2020 ? man this is so refreshing watching these athletes voice something they believe in that extends past their sport?

Society 2020 ?thank god. Those Trump tweets and thoughts on covid are too much. Guy should stfu and focus on being a better player?

Gotta spread some rep before I can give you more.

I keep saying Avery mentioned. He wasn't an asshole to fans like Tony. Avery was loved by the fans, so much he sat in the blue seats with fans one time when he was injured.

Tony goes out of his way to troll his own fanbase.

I don't really see the comparison at all.

I follow him on Twitter, and listen to his crappy podcast. When does he do this???

• Like 1

I guess I don't understand the weight of the he'll fight when he had 1 fight last season. One. That was in 68 games played.

Do opposing goalies know he's on the ice hell yes, especially Devils goalies.

He fought more prior to being an elite offensive D. Most likely he was asked to stay out of the box more than take penalties and fight.

[video=youtube;https://youtu.be/N05XXQm7qRk]

[video=youtube;

[video=youtube;

Sorry, im only allowed to post 3 videos so that's all you get.

• Like 1

The most he's ever had in any season is 3 and he has 5 in his NHL career. By the same standard I guess Pionk is a willing fighter too he had thee in that same season.

I completely agree if he was told to not fight, I don't think he's all that good at it.

Stick to what you're good at.

The most he's ever had in any season is 3 and he has 5 in his NHL career. By the same standard I guess Pionk is a willing fighter too he had thee in that same season.

I completely agree if he was told to not fight, I don't think he's all that good at it.

Stick to what you're good at.

Tell that to Kyle Okposo lol

Look, I’m not saying he’s a fighter. You’re changing the context a bit in my opinion. This is in response to YOUR comment about a false bravado. I just don’t see how you say that about a guy that has flight in the NHL and not just one time over his career. It’s not like he yaps and then turtles. That would be false bravado. Taking on Wayne Simmonds takes balls dude. Can’t just take that away from someone when theres plenty to show otherwise.