• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#55) Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets // Duck Goes Quack, Cow Goes Moo, Neal Goes Pionk

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just one. It was a 1-0 game when he came back in. Now that he gave up a goal, he's back to being the goalie of record.

Some reason I think we had the same situation with Raanta or Talbot. We thought they got the win but it was all weird. Oh well. I’m fine with either getting the win

I remember

Backup was in. Game was like 0-1. Henrik came in. Game went to 3-2 rangers. Back up back in for third, (thought it went to 3-3), then 4-3 rangers, and Henrik got the win on the bench. I remember it being incredibly strange

I couldn't find a nhl.com link but random yahoo sources say that the goalies of record are the goalies on the ice when the GWG is scored. Makes it easy when it's a 5-5 tie, but I can't do the mental gymnastics tonight.

Also, apparently if 2 goalies play the team gets credit for a shutout, but neither goalie gets an individual shutout. Seems silly if one goalie plays 55 minutes and the other 5 minutes, but hey, maybe you can win a trivia bet.

Heard on NHL radio that we’re entering the part of the season where NYR play a game every 2 nights pretty much the rest of the way. We had lots of down time early on. Remember? Seemed like weeks between games. Hope we are up to the task. Team flying tonight.

I felt there was just too much time time off early on. It was counter productive for this team trying to find itself. Yeah, it's hectic, but I'd rather have it this way. Get playing, get some more chemistry going, just play.

I couldn't find a nhl.com link but random yahoo sources say that the goalies of record are the goalies on the ice when the GWG is scored. Makes it easy when it's a 5-5 tie, but I can't do the mental gymnastics tonight.

Also, apparently if 2 goalies play the team gets credit for a shutout, but neither goalie gets an individual shutout. Seems silly if one goalie plays 55 minutes and the other 5 minutes, but hey, maybe you can win a trivia bet.

Yeah, in a shared shutout neither goalie actually gets credit for one in their statistics. It basically becomes a team shutout. It's an odd thing.