• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ilya Kovalchuk: Done in LA

Phil

Is there a bigger POS in all of hockey?

Sign mega deal with Devils... Retire.

Sign over 35 deal with Kings... Get paid bonuses, leave team.

They indefinitely benched him over a month ago. They were practically pushing him out.

What a disaster this wound up being. Interested to see if a contender picks him up.

They indefinitely benched him over a month ago. They were practically pushing him out.

What a disaster this wound up being. Interested to see if a contender picks him up.

He's literally a negative value. He doesn't score and he can't move. I can't see anyone picking him up.

Right, and he stayed with the team until his final bonus payment for the season. Timing is not a coincidence.

He was skating with the team. Just wasn't playing.

He's a D bag .

While I totally agree he's a d-bag, players can't overrule the coach and organization and just insert themselves into the lineup. They benched him indefinitely and not by his choosing. I don't blame him at that point for collecting his bonus check and then bailing. They obviously didn't want him around anymore and he knew it, so why would he or anyone else in that position give up the money that was due to him?