• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NYR Needs (Let's be Honest and Realistic)

nyckrash

Pitt no first in 2013, pick Kapanen 22 overall in 2014 and traded him, then no first in 15, 16, 17, or 18.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ok but they haven’t gone through their rebuild yet. That all happened after the rangers. Their time is coming. My point was there is no other team that has rebuilt that has done it with such an empty prospect base to start as of yet. The rangers have done a great job restocking but those players are all under 20.

Ok but they haven’t gone through their rebuild yet. That all happened after the rangers. Their time is coming. My point was there is no other team that has rebuilt that has done it with such an empty prospect base to start as of yet. The rangers have done a great job restocking but those players are all under 20.

All true

They are approaching a collapse though as you said.

One of the next 1-2 seasons will be a disaster for them and they’ll have to blow it up

Yeah but it’s pittsburgh. They will suck, their fake fans will disappear again and lemieux and ownership will threaten bankruptcy again. Then when the next lemieux/Crosby type comes up in the draft they will magically pick 1st again. Their rebuild will last five years or so to but they will literally try to lose for those years and hoard top 3 picks. They will cry for more revenue sharing and the like while they try to lose and have 8k people at their games.

I agree. People got way to excited over what happened this offseason. Nice pieces were added but they were added to a skeleton roster. The pain you speak of realistically lasts 4-5 years minimum. Nobody blows it up and contends 2-3 years later. Closest thing was Boston but and a big but they still had Bergeron, chara, Marchand, krejci, rask, etc to build around. We don?t have that. We are in a total rebuild. Those take time. The rangers can add two big pieces which is great but the rest of the roster is either garbage or can?t drink yet. Kids growing up and the garbage running it?s course takes time.
Look at what Colorado did so quickly. It doesn't take that long in todays NHL cap constrained era.

If it took that long players who hit their peak would price themselves out of the market before the team was able to really compete.

I have no expectations aside from watching a team try and compete. In the 7 years of hell, they tried to play a decent game. I feel like I'm watching an AHL trying to swim in the NHL with a pool of sharks

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Yeah but it’s pittsburgh. They will suck, their fake fans will disappear again and lemieux and ownership will threaten bankruptcy again. Then when the next lemieux/Crosby type comes up in the draft they will magically pick 1st again. Their rebuild will last five years or so to but they will literally try to lose for those years and hoard top 3 picks. They will cry for more revenue sharing and the like while they try to lose and have 8k people at their games.

That’s exactly what will happen.

Look at what Colorado did so quickly. It doesn't take that long in todays NHL cap constrained era.

If it took that long players who hit their peak would price themselves out of the market before the team was able to really compete.

I have no expectations aside from watching a team try and compete. In the 7 years of hell, they tried to play a decent game. I feel like I'm watching an AHL trying to swim in the NHL with a pool of sharks

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Colorado hasn’t actually done anything yet, as they’ve had 3 playoff teams and won 1 playoff series in the last 10 years.

And it hasn’t exactly been quick either.

MacKinnon, who is the most important part of that franchise, was drafted 7 drafts ago, and they’ve had 6 top-10 picks this decade.

I'm just not sure why you're comparing Torts and AV to Quinn. The situation is 180 degrees different. What does the team need? It needs an 18 year old player to play 3-4 years in the NHL. It needs a 19 year old center to gain his confidence back. It needs the 2nd youngest roster in the NHL to grow up. It needs time.

You know what else it needs? It needs the fans to understand what a rebuild is. Last year they iced a roster to lose. This year, they're trying to win. The outcome may still be the same, but to say this is the worst team you've watched in +40 years simply cannot be true. We sat through 7 years of hell not that long ago. At least we know the plan for this team.

It's frustrating to watch them lose only when you pit it against your own expectations. Adjust your expectations and watch the games with the understanding that they're learning.

:repped:

I'm just not sure why you're comparing Torts and AV to Quinn. The situation is 180 degrees different. What does the team need? It needs an 18 year old player to play 3-4 years in the NHL. It needs a 19 year old center to gain his confidence back. It needs the 2nd youngest roster in the NHL to grow up. It needs time.

You know what else it needs? It needs the fans to understand what a rebuild is. Last year they iced a roster to lose. This year, they're trying to win. The outcome may still be the same, but to say this is the worst team you've watched in +40 years simply cannot be true. We sat through 7 years of hell not that long ago. At least we know the plan for this team.

It's frustrating to watch them lose only when you pit it against your own expectations. Adjust your expectations and watch the games with the understanding that they're learning.

So you bring in high paid vets like Panarin and Trouba to rebuild? Those are win now moves my friend. While I agree we have to give the team some time to gel, I have not been impressed with Kakko, Andersson, Chytil, Skjej, the fact that Kravtsov cannot play in the NHL having gone back to Russia, and the fact that our high draft picks we had are not looking too good. Kakko to a lesser extent as he is brand new to the NHL, but still, extremely concerning nonetheless considering the hype. If at least 1 or 2 of these guys do not grow into solid NHL players, we will be stuck in "NY Jetsville" for a long time. "NY Jetsville" means always sucking, and always having high (1-6) draft picks that always turn out to be busts - for those who do not have the pleasure of suffering watching arguably the worst organization in sports history year in and year out LOL.

So you bring in high paid vets like Panarin and Trouba to rebuild? Those are win now moves my friend. While I agree we have to give the team some time to gel, I have not been impressed with Kakko, Andersson, Chytil, Skjej, the fact that Kravtsov cannot play in the NHL having gone back to Russia, and the fact that our high draft picks we had are not looking too good. Kakko to a lesser extent as he is brand new to the NHL, but still, extremely concerning nonetheless considering the hype. If at least 1 or 2 of these guys do not grow into solid NHL players, we will be stuck in "NY Jetsville" for a long time. "NY Jetsville" means always sucking, and always having high (1-6) draft picks that always turn out to be busts - for those who do not have the pleasure of suffering watching arguably the worst organization in sports history year in and year out LOL.

If their contracts were 1 year long, I'd agree.

You need players like that to help teach the kids. The team can't be all teenagers learning the game all at once.