• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The moderators and their judgements

Fatfrancesa

Same.

But Ray can call me a cunt, along with 3-4 other posters and that's OK.

This place has really lost its way lol.

Pretty clearly a joke, but you can keep being butthurt about it.

As for the whining thing, yeah, people are airing their grievances. Not sure why someone's opinion on how it comes across bothers you so much, but I have a hunch it has to do with who said it and you were told to pretend he doesn't exist.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty clearly a joke, but you can keep being butthurt about it.

As for the whining thing, yeah, people are airing their grievances. Not sure why someone's opinion on how it comes across bothers you so much, but I have a hunch it has to do with who said it and you were told to pretend he doesn't exist.

Like I said, I laughed. But a hundred other people post here who don't know we're friends and say much worse on text messages. Didn't make me mad. Just bad optics.

Sure bothers me who said it. I can't use the ignore feature on him, but he can use it on me and chooses not to. So he harasses me. I haven't replied to his post in quite some time.

Phil's also calling people toddlers. That's no better.

People giving you a little bit of criticism really rubs you guys the wrong way doesn't it? Brings out the worst in you.

Like I said, I laughed. But a hundred other people post here who don't know we're friends and say much worse on text messages. Didn't make me mad. Just bad optics.

Sure bothers me who said it. I can't use the ignore feature on him, but he can use it on me and chooses not to. So he harasses me. I haven't replied to his post in quite some time.

Phil's also calling people toddlers. That's no better.

People giving you a little bit of criticism really rubs you guys the wrong way doesn't it? Brings out the worst in you.

No, we can take criticism. We let it roll off our backs usually. It's the hypocrisy and disingenuous nature of some of the criticism that gets us going.

No, we can take criticism. We let it roll off our backs usually. It's the hypocrisy and disingenuous nature of some of the criticism that gets us going.
Whatever you say, buddy.

That aside, doesn't change the truth of the rest of the post.

I love you guys, but I have 49 messages from warnings and infractions that contradict this just a tad. If you guys were cops, we’d all be shot.

There's a wide gulf between criticism and insult.

"I disagree with this and here's why" has literally never been disciplined in the history of this forum, and never will be.

"Fuck you, asshole, you're wrong," will get you thrown out on your ass in a Thanos snap.

There's a wide gulf between criticism and insult.

"I disagree with this and here's why" has literally never been disciplined in the history of this forum, and never will be.

"Fuck you, asshole, you're wrong," will get you thrown out on your ass in a Thanos snap.

Right, but shit doesn’t always work both ways.

Whatever you say, buddy.

That aside, doesn't change the truth of the rest of the post.

Pete, since you've been both a moderator and a user, you've got some unique insight. My perception is that you've been disciplined more since you've become a user. Is that a fair or unfair characterization?

Pete, since you've been both a moderator and a user, you've got some unique insight. My perception is that you've been disciplined more since you've become a user. Is that a fair or unfair characterization?
I break the rules more now, the political rules are stricter, and the staff doesn't use warnings or threads bans with me (not an indictment of them, just a statement).

It just reminds me of the scene in Constantine with Gabriel and the Devil:

Gabriel: Son of perdition. Little horn! Most unclean!

Satan: I do miss the old names. Time to go home, son.

Gabriel: I will smite thee, in His honor. (tries to throw a punch, which stops inches from the Devil's nose)

Satan: Looks like somebody doesn't have your back any more.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/constantine/quotes/

------------

You've never had been an angel, lol, but you get the gist.

It just reminds me of the scene in Constantine with Gabriel and the Devil:

Gabriel: Son of perdition. Little horn! Most unclean!

Satan: I do miss the old names. Time to go home, son.

Gabriel: I will smite thee, in His honor. (tries to throw a punch, which stops inches from the Devil's nose)

Satan: Looks like somebody doesn't have your back any more.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/constantine/quotes/

------------

You've never had been an angel, lol, but you get the gist.

In a way. I also pretty much know when I'm breaking the rules and I've either been drinking or don't particularly care.

I usually ask them which post put it over the edge.

The political forum, I didn't know had new rules and the post that got me infracted and hence banned was a little ridiculous, but whatever. My main issue with that infraction (and this thread) is that staff goes out of their way to be lenient with conservative or right leaning posters...more than you guys know. And I got infracted when in my view, there was something way more damaging that didn't get removed. That made me angry. I think the staff is actually rather paranoid to discipline vocal right wingers because they'll appear partial to liberals. That's why this thread made me laugh when I saw OP.

That said...Thing is, go back 3, 4, 5 years... There's always a user who feels persecuted by a mod. There's always a mod who gets away with "more".

People used to complain about me... But here we are, years later, after I took a full year off of posting... And not much has changed other than the actors in the roles. Story is same.

In a way. I also pretty much know when I'm breaking the rules and I've either been drinking or don't particularly care.

I usually ask them which post put it over the edge.

The political forum, I didn't know had new rules and the post that got me infracted and hence banned was a little ridiculous, but whatever. My main issue with that infraction (and this thread) is that staff goes out of their way to be lenient with conservative or right leaning posters...more than you guys know. And I got infracted when in my view, there was something way more damaging that didn't get removed. That made me angry. I think the staff is actually rather paranoid to discipline vocal right wingers because they'll appear partial to liberals. That's why this thread made me laugh when I saw OP.

That said...Thing is, go back 3, 4, 5 years... There's always a user who feels persecuted by a mod. There's always a mod who gets away with "more".

People used to complain about me... But here we are, years later, after I took a full year off of posting... And not much has changed other than the actors in the roles. Story is same.

Nah. Same actors. Same problems. Becuase it's not political. It's an issue of clashing personalities. It always has been. There's a reason the vast majority of the users complaining about persecution and unfairness are the same who've done the same for years going back to the old board. Trump isn't the reason. He's just the most recent example of where our positions oppose.

Nah. Same actors. Same problems. Becuase it's not political. It's an issue of clashing personalities. It always has been. There's a reason the vast majority of the users complaining about persecution and unfairness are the same who've done the same for years going back to the old board. Trump isn't the reason. He's just the most recent example of where our positions oppose.
I don't think I was implying anything about politics at end of my post. That wasn't what I meant.

In general, everytime someone points at someone else and says "They're the problem", when the deck chairs are shuffled the same problems exist. Among different people.

I used to be the "over the line mod". Now there's another.

You and Fatty are the new "rivalry".

People sometimes like to think that they're different or better than the person they're pointing at. More often than not it's that people have friction for being 2 sides of same coin.

I'm like that. I admit it. That's why I try my best to avoid those people. I'm not always successful. It's a WIP.

IMO, this entire thread proves Mike's point.

If not for the political section, this toxic arguing wouldn't even be taking place.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

These "toxic" arguments date back more than a decade. It's a clash of personalities, not politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

For me it is politics at some level. You make rules that you enforce based on your leaning. Then claim you stay so cool during the arguments. You warn, infract, and ban me for hyper partisan posts. Then a post stating that trump committed multiple acts of treason and is a racist is allowed because you state it as fact. So hyper partisan for me but not for thee. There is nothing fair about how you police that section. That post proves it. You treat anyone on your right as almost a novelty. Nice to have around and appear to your tolerance, as long as they toe your line and don’t conduct themselves with likewise incendiary remarks. I’m fine with being disciplined for my bad behavior. It just needs to consistent for everyone and it’s blatantly not.

These "toxic" arguments date back more than a decade. It's a clash of personalities, not politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Can't speak to the "old days". I've only been actively posting here for maybe a few years, even though it looks like I joined sometime in 2013. While I generally agree with your bolded statement, and I normally take the stance of blaming people for bad behavior, there are amplifiers. Discussing politics amplifies the clash of personalities many times more than discussing whether Lias Andersson should be getting more ice time.

For what it's worth, I've been in many discussions on the other side of the coin when it comes to the popular viewpoint in the politics forum. I've received one infraction the entire time back in May. I thought it was a bit on the soft side, but nonetheless, I've only received one. And it was unrelated to any point I was making or stance I was taking. It was a quick off the cuff remark that could have been dressed up a little better. So I don't necessarily know how much I believe this stuff about bias infractions. I guess I would have to see how they stack up for everyone.