• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Andersson Lacks "Explosiveness" in Skating and Creativity

Phil

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
more well below an average NHLer than good to my eyes. Seems like he's been slow to the puck at times and has turned it over a few times as well. I'm not sure what he's supposed to be good at at this point. Glad to see Gorton is still high on Pionk as well. Downright scary.

strome has been very good. With the right contract he could very well be one of those guys needed that you take a chance on and he turns into a key player. His play has earned him the right to come back. I’m sure it’s not lost on him either that he has finally got traction in his career here

I guess I?m watching a different team because I?m not seeing what some of you guys are. Andersson is a bottom six guy. He?s always been that, a physical defensive forward. Another Fast, but lefthanded. Howden and Nieves are also a bottom 6. Good on face-offs but aren?t great stickhandlers, aren?t a great skaters. Namestinikov and Strome are 2nd line players, first line guys if placed with the right players. Lemieux is also a bottom line player, can be higher if again placed with the right players. He?s the type of player that needs to be in front of the net to be successful. I don?t think this is kids hitting a wall or being outmatched physically. What you see is what you get. They are not gonna be superstars. Chytil and Buchnevich are a step above, they?re in the Zibenajad class( Kreider is a step below much like Namestinikov, Strome). We need to sign a star because we don?t have one?Kravstov is an unknown till we get him here and see what he can do with our guys.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neither Namstnikov nor Strome are 2nd line players. Decent 3rd line players. Nothing worth what they are getting paid, especially Namestnikov.

Lemieux needs to get in better shape. Next year I see high end 3rd line with potential to be a solid 2nd line if he finds a scoring touch.

Chytil and Buchnevich ahead of Kreider is a new one.

I don?t mean they will be stars but can be on the top line doing the dirtywork that needs to be done without being overshadowed/ looking of place by the real stars. Not that they are stars.

The only thing Lemieux can do is stand in front of the net, he?ll score if the right players are with him, much like Graves did.

Namestinikov and Strome have already shown what the can do when placed with the right players?Namestinikov with Stramkos and Kucherov, Strome when with the Islanders with Tavares. They are not Stars but will do the dirty work, go into the corners, get in peoples faces etc.. ?-Its tough to go after a teams best player when you have to worry about his linemate taking a run at you. Kreider has speed, that?s it?he?s not a good stickhander, not a good passer, doesn?t use his size,isn?t willing to stand in front of the net( I wouldn?t call what he does standing in front of the net, way too far from the front of the goalie?Lemieux stands in front of the net, he?s willing to take the crosschecks to stay there). Yeah I would put Chytil and Buchnevich ahead him because they don?t need other players to get goals, they can create on their own shot.

Weren't they together at some point already? I'd like to see that as well.

Either way, when Lemieux and Buch are your top line wingers, you're in for some pain. I'll be happy to see these guys slotted into the proper positions next season if/when we're able to get a top line winger for Zibanejad to play with.

I like the idea of having a physical player, who?s gonna go to the corners and fight for the puck, get it and be able to pass it to the stickhandlers/goal scorers. Every line needs the guy who?s gonna do the dirty work and not look out of place playing next to ?the guy?. Who?s on the Toews/Kane line? Who?s on the Stamkos/Kucherov line? Who?s on the line with McDavid/Draisaitl? Remember There?s only 1 puck.

That?s what I?m getting at.

He's on pace to score 2.4 goals over an 82 game season (it's also funny his only goal went in off his ass cheek). The fact we have to squint so hard to see much of anything from the kid is disappointing. Maybe he threw his upside into the shitter when he threw the medal into the stands.

Names & Strome are more like good 3d liners than 2d, but yes, both can be effective compliments in top 6 roles with the right linemates. The distinction between a second and third line is pretty artificial. Most 3rd lines play very similar minutes to the first two; the big drop off is 4th line minutes. In theory, 3rd lines play in different situations and are matched differently from the first two, but when it comes to the hurly burly of a real game, it's hard to sustain that. Kreider, warts and all, is still at a much higher level than Names and Strome. Hank described losing Hayes and Zucc as losing two of your best three skaters, and he has a point. The palpable talent gap when we play high end teams is clearly greater now than it was before the deadline.

I think that the fact that we were pretty much still in the playoff picture up until the trade deadline showed that we were close, 1 or 2 players away from making the playoffs. Now true that was with Zuccs and Hayes on the team. If we had Panarin and Karlsson on this team we would have made the conference finals. Kreider-Zibanejad?Buchnevich, Panarin-Hayes-Zuccs, Namestinikov-Strome-Chytil, Vesey-Nieves-Fast( 4th line just needs to eat minutes/buy time for the other guys to get a breather). With that being said you can debate moving Vesey up to the 3rd line and dropping Namestinikov down to 4th line center while adding MacLeods fighting and dropping Nieves off of the line-up.

Defensively Claesson/Karlsson, Skjei/Shattenkirk, Staal/ McQuaid.

I think that the fact that we were pretty much still in the playoff picture up until the trade deadline showed that we were close, 1 or 2 players away from making the playoffs. Now true that was with Zuccs and Hayes on the team. If we had Panarin and Karlsson on this team we would have made the conference finals. Kreider-Zibanejad—Buchnevich, Panarin-Hayes-Zuccs, Namestinikov-Strome-Chytil, Vesey-Nieves-Fast( 4th line just needs to eat minutes/buy time for the other guys to get a breather). With that being said you can debate moving Vesey up to the 3rd line and dropping Namestinikov down to 4th line center while adding MacLeods fighting and dropping Nieves off of the line-up.

We could still do this if the cap is moved up to 110 million.

I think that the fact that we were pretty much still in the playoff picture up until the trade deadline showed that we were close, 1 or 2 players away from making the playoffs. Now true that was with Zuccs and Hayes on the team. If we had Panarin and Karlsson on this team we would have made the conference finals. Kreider-Zibanejad—Buchnevich, Panarin-Hayes-Zuccs, Namestinikov-Strome-Chytil, Vesey-Nieves-Fast( 4th line just needs to eat minutes/buy time for the other guys to get a breather). With that being said you can debate moving Vesey up to the 3rd line and dropping Namestinikov down to 4th line center while adding MacLeods fighting and dropping Nieves off of the line-up.

Most of the league is still in the picture at that point in the season.

Sure but that doesn't change the point.

No, but at the same time the team was close due to a ridiculous run of completely unsustainable form earlier in the season.

I don't think this team was ever "close" in reality and it's certainly highly debatable whether adding Panarin and Karlsson would mean the Rangers were contenders for a CF spot.

Archived