• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#67) Rangers at Detroit Red Wings // Dead Things, Mikey ? Dead Things

Phil

Regulation (ie, real) record now 20-28-19. This league has to do something about teams playing for ties. Before the OT and loser point era, no one had records like that. Red Wings have 20 regulation ties. In 1982-83, the last season before OT first instituted, teams averaged 12 ties each in an 80 game schedule. We will have many teams with 25 over that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, he's tons of fun. I look for him every single time.

I love his positioning too. He always seems to anticipate where the puck is going to be. I also ADORE that he finishes checks in the neutral zone. The guy actually finishes checks everywhere but I really like that he slows down the opposition player in the NZ by laying the body on him. It gives our D men that little extra time to get back there and move the puck out a lot easier.

I watched it again last night, when his line was out there, the D was much more fluid with retrieving pucks and moving it up ice. Not so much with the other lines, and we got pinned a couple of times on account of it.

Ok, it was Detroit, but still it was noticeable.

Oh, and that touch pass to Buch??? :clap:

Archived