• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#59) Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes // Sickest Individuals @ Bunch of Jerks

Drew a Penalty

We should have plenty of time to tank after the deadline. Once we trade these guys off and bring up the Lettieri's of the world again, we have 23 games left and 20 games remaining after the deadline. That's 46 potential points. If the Rangers go 6-13-4, that would be 16 points and we'd finish with 75 points which last year would've given us the 7th worst record overall.

In order for this team to get into the top 3 they're going to really have to put these losses in gear:

Ottawa is 11 points back at 22-32-5 > 49 Pts and they're the worst...LA is at 52 pts and they look to be in bad shape

The good news is that there are a bunch (9 teams) that are 6 points or less behind us; Min, Col, AZ, Chi, Van, Ana, Edm, NJ, Det. It shouldn't be too hard to have some of those teams surpass us after the trade deadline. I just hope this franchise is smart enough to realize that this is the year to get this rebuild into high gear by starting NOW.

I think after the deadline we should start "tryouts" for next season. AKA: "Time to see what exactly we have on the farm". No better time than the present....and that's NOT including anything we KNOW is going to be good...Like Kravtsov and the like. Those guys can stay right where they are for now.

Standings Link: http://www.nhl.com/rangers/standings/2018/league

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha-ha Ozzy...let's give everyone a try even the Zamboni driver. Hand out sticks and skates to anyone within 50 feet of the ice. How about a long-time "Season Ticket Holder" perk (long-time ensures higher age group) and allow them to 'take a shift' as a loyalty bonus. Yeah, sign everyone you can reach to a 1-shift NHL contract. :rofl: That would be fun to watch -- ordinary people getting slammed!

Ha-ha Ozzy...let's give everyone a try even the Zamboni driver. Hand out sticks and skates to anyone within 50 feet of the ice. How about a long-time "Season Ticket Holder" perk (long-time ensures higher age group) and allow them to 'take a shift' as a loyalty bonus. Yeah, sign everyone you can reach to a 1-shift NHL contract. :rofl: That would be fun to watch -- ordinary people getting slammed!

Big Guy, it sounds like a great idea right? It'd be like starting training camp in March! :rofl:

The good news is that there are a bunch (9 teams) that are 6 points or less behind us; Min, Col, AZ, Chi, Van, Ana, Edm, NJ, Det. It shouldn't be too hard to have some of those teams surpass us after the trade deadline. I just hope this franchise is smart enough to realize that this is the year to get this rebuild into high gear by starting NOW.

Completely agree. I'm not too negative. Colorado, Chicago, Arizona, Minnesota and Vancouver are all within 2 points of a wild card and some of them may even be buyers at the deadline, so the Rangers should drop below them easily. The current bottom-6 (Anaheim, Detroit, NJ, Edmonton, LA, Ottawa) are all in tank mode, but I don't see teams like NJ or Edmonton tearing down their roster like the Rangers are about to do.

I'm positive - I don't see why we shouldn't be looking at bottom-5.

Archived