• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mustard on Burgers!?

LindG1000

The ketchup put on meatloaf is mixed with brown sugar and/or other spices.

How can you like ketchup on meatloaf but not a burger? It's the same meat just a different shape lol

Heinz 57 is my lazy quick meatloaf topping. Better versions have spices and/or brown sugar, depends on the 'family recipe'. Ketchup on top of meatloaf is last resort, better than dry (no topping)

Thankfully, I've never actually run into someone who does this. I get the occassional non-child putting ketchup on a hotdog, but this... no.

Mustard on a burger or ketchup on a hot dog are disgusting IMO but what about hot sauce on a hot dog? That's actually a personal favorite of mine.

I'm in favor of anyone putting thought into condiments. I like spicy interesting food, so tend toward the wasabi/hot sauce/mustard/salsa/steak sauce end of the spectrum. Soy is heavy salt, but I love it occasionally in stir fry. For my diet mustard is healthier that ketchup or mayo... but I'm not using mustard in a tuna fish salad. I won't cross some lines.

In NY, if anyone ever orders a pastrami on white bread with either mayo or ketchup, I'm OK with them being forceably ejected from the deli. That's a more grave food crime (to me) then mustard on a burger.

I'm in favor of anyone putting thought into condiments. I like spicy interesting food, so tend toward the wasabi/hot sauce/mustard/salsa/steak sauce end of the spectrum. Soy is heavy salt, but I love it occasionally in stir fry. For my diet mustard is healthier that ketchup or mayo... but I'm not using mustard in a tuna fish salad. I won't cross some lines.

In NY, if anyone ever orders a pastrami on white bread with either mayo or ketchup, I'm OK with them being forceably ejected from the deli. That's a more grave food crime (to me) then mustard on a burger.

Should be punishable by death.

Archived