• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#56) Rangers vs. Winnipeg Jets // J-E-T-S! Just End The Season!

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually starting to se this picture come together. At first I was a little confused but I think I see it a little better now:

Ok, I see the whole skeleton, or in this case, nucleus of players that are going to be the building blocks going forward:

I see Chytil, Zibby, Kreider, Howden, Skjei as "the guys Quinn wants to build around".

Now, that leaves a lot of work on defense, but let's face it....our defense has been shitty for quite some time.

I can now understand why the Ultimate tank is not in progress. It's either because the Rangers really want to draft defenseman, which they possibly can get at a lower number in the first round, OR they just don't see what they want in Hughes or Kakko. Either way, it looks like those 5 players listed above are going to be the "Jeter, Pettitte, Bernie and Mo" of the future.

I'm cool with that, and I can totally see us just stock piling young talented players/prospects, and as high a draft picks as possible over the next 2 or 3 seasons. I just hope Gorton sticks to the plan and uses patience with this. If so, we can build a contender for the next 5-7 years if done right...possibly even a Cup team.

Jets Schieffle is scary good. might be one of the under rated players in the league

That whole team is really good!

Other than their breakout turnovers being a little excessive for a team of that caliber, they have the tools needed to make a good run at a Championship. Big Buff pretty much turned that game around with a few big hits at the right time. A couple of them were borderline calls, but that's what I think a team has to do to get an edge on another team in the playoffs. Not to mention that the guy can play a solid D as well....with a cannon of a shot that he's not too bashful to use!

What's more is that Paul Maurice is a very solid coach. That guy is one of the all time good guys in the game of hockey. He knows his shit, and has been around the block enough times to know what to do with this squad. I'd love to see this Winnipeg team win it all.

What's more is that Paul Maurice is a very solid coach. That guy is one of the all time good guys in the game of hockey. He knows his shit, and has been around the block enough times to know what to do with this squad. I'd love to see this Winnipeg team win it all.

sam said during the forecast that maurice and graves are life long friends. must be a class act cause adam is one of the best thats been through here.

A couple of them were borderline calls, but that's what I think a team has to do to get an edge on another team in the playoffs.

The hits on Vesey and Fast were both suspension worthy. That's not how you win in the playoffs, and cheap shots to opponents' jaws shouldn't be how you want to win either.

sam said during the forecast that maurice and graves are life long friends. must be a class act cause adam is one of the best thats been through here.

Yeah Slobby, him and Graves were tight from the Detroit days. Maurice got injured, I think it was an eye injury that forced him from the game unfortunately. I remember him as coach of the Whalers back around the time Graves was playing with us. If I remember correctly he was the coach when the team moved to Carolina, but I'm not certain.

One thing I do know, is that everyone who's mentioned that they have dealt with him, says he's a total class act just like Adam Graves.

Sam even mentioned it last night again. I believe him; The guy's been around a long time, and has been fairly successful in most of his tenures.

Good dude...I'd really like to see him win it with his team this year.

The hits on Vesey and Fast were both suspension worthy. That's not how you win in the playoffs, and cheap shots to opponents' jaws shouldn't be how you want to win either.

I'm just saying that those hits changed the game...and also the momentum. I didn't say anything about being clean, Future.

I'm just saying that those hits changed the game...and also the momentum. I didn't say anything about being clean, Future.

Right, but they only changed the game (which I would disagree with anyways), because they weren't called as penalties. If called as they should have been, Buff is out the rest of the game and then suspended. Don't see how that helps you win in the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure we're going to disagree on this, Future....but here's just a theory that I happen to believe;

Guys like Buff make a teammate play a little "bigger" knowing that he's out there, and that the other team is "aware" of his presence. This is kinda what I meant when I was debating with Pete. Is it right? Probably not, but the question is, "Is it effective?". The answer in this case is yes.

Now, do I feel like some of this stuff is the crap that the NHL doesn't want? Yes....100%

But it's still not being called on a regular basis, as attested to last night, and guys like Big Buff are still very effective using this intimidation tactic. Alright, they caught the elbow on Fast, but that was an obvious kill job. Add in the fact that the Rangers made them pay for it on the ensuing PP. But the fact remains that the players on that Winnipeg team seemed to play a little more aggressive and a little more brave knowing they have Big Buff right there with them in my opinion.

Hey, I may be the only one who sees it that way, but it sure looked that way to me.

I'm pretty sure we're going to disagree on this, Future....but here's just a theory that I happen to believe;

Guys like Buff make a teammate play a little "bigger" knowing that he's out there, and that the other team is "aware" of his presence. This is kinda what I meant when I was debating with Pete. Is it right? Probably not, but the question is, "Is it effective?". The answer in this case is yes.

Now, do I feel like some of this stuff is the crap that the NHL doesn't want? Yes....100%

But it's still not being called on a regular basis, as attested to last night, and guys like Big Buff are still very effective using this intimidation tactic. Alright, they caught the elbow on Fast, but that was an obvious kill job. Add in the fact that the Rangers made them pay for it on the ensuing PP. But the fact remains that the players on that Winnipeg team seemed to play a little more aggressive and a little more brave knowing they have Big Buff right there with them in my opinion.

Hey, I may be the only one who sees it that way, but it sure looked that way to me.

I think they're a little more aggressive and a little more brave because they are actually good and, pretty much to a man, are bigger, stronger, faster than the Rangers.

It's not like the Rangers play that way because they have McQuaid in the lineup, and they didn't play that way with McQuaid AND McLeod in the lineup.

You're right about that though...That Winnipeg team is pretty sizable to begin with. I just think this version of our team is a little timid (I'm being nice with that term! LOL). We really don't have any toughness whatsoever to begin with. McQuaid and McCloed were really the only guys I'd want with me in a foxhole.

As a matter of fact man, I'm pretty sure that's why Nashville got him back. It sure wasn't for his goal scoring prowess! :rofl:

I don't know Future, I'm just thinking if the NHL is going to still let guys like Buff instill that kind of an imprint on a game....even a regular season game at that, why not bring in a few big guns in the playoffs where the whistle seems to be buried in the pockets of the referees.

That's why I feel there's still a place for rough play...not dirty...rough. Like instead of the mugging on Fast, more like the hits on Pionk and Buchnevich.

You know what's funny CC? After the hit on Buchnevich, I went to see what he was listed at:

Buff is 6' 5' 260 Lbs ...that's just beastly!!! ...and has a cannon to boot!

Buchnevich is listed at 6' 3" 196 Lbs...YEAH RIGHT!!! ....with rocks in his pockets maybe!!! :rofl:

You know what's funny CC? After the hit on Buchnevich, I went to see what he was listed at:

Buff is 6' 5' 260 Lbs ...that's just beastly!!! ...and has a cannon to boot!

Buchnevich is listed at 6' 3" 196 Lbs...YEAH RIGHT!!! ....with rocks in his pockets maybe!!! :rofl:

you're too nice. I would've said "dildos in his pockets"

Archived