• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall F Lias Andersson

Phil

It's no coincidence. We lost a top 9 forward, a center, even if only for a game or two. Lias was going to get a call soon, or the next injury, because he did everything they asked him to do. Now he gets a shot to force himself onto this roster. As Gorton said, they are not going to keep any of these 1st rounders from playing in NY, if they are ready. They will make trades, send guys down and/or bench guys if Lias performs. Coach wants to win. No Howden means we are only 9 to 10 deep in NHL forwards.

Right, but the discussion is whether he was called up to cover for Howden or whether this is part of a larger shake up. As you said things have gone really well for him in Hartford, seems a bit strange to take him out of that environment if this is a one or two game shot at winning a place on the roster. So I hope this is about culling guys like McLeod and Lettieri as it is about covering for Howden.

I wanna see Lias for sure! But I'd rather keep Chytil here to watch his progress. Chytil isn't really doing anyone any harm by staying in the lineup, so I figure let him learn at this level. I actually enjoy watching Chytil play and how he reacts in certain situations.

I want my Howdy Dooty back soon though!

31, We both are focused on the 1st and 2nd year players. However, there are young questionable vets of which a couple should respond to the changes and emerge. Even guys you've complained about or just hate their face. ;)

Two guys are stepping up their game. Vesey has been strong and consistent, since the last preseason game. Names has been solid since his talk with Quinn.

The rest have to step up. Hayes is still a solidly erratic enigma. Buch's progress is concerning. Spooner lacks physicality and D. A good skater who does not rush the puck or drive play. He needs to be putting up points or he's worthless. You can't say Fast is not a good player, he's a reliable high-value versatile role player who will play better soon.

More importantly, the big 3. Kreider still disappears too often. On the flipside, Zibs is a helluva underrated hockey player. Shutting down Getzlaf and Eichel shows what a complete player he's become. He may be a legit #1C with real 1st line wingers. Skjei has his own thread. Give him the season, I think he'll work out nicely.

They've done good things with Howden because the unit are more of a checking style. Chytil needs talent around him to thrive. That's not exactly putting him in a position to succeed.

Compared to the guys Chytil has been playing with... expect to see a difference.

Sidenote: Seen enough of Chytil to believe he is a highly skilled top-level prospect. It may take a year or two or three, but he should be an impact player. He's a babe in the woods, with a gangly kid body and a sharp creative hockey mind.

It's no coincidence. We lost a top 9 forward, a center, even if only for a game or two. Lias was going to get a call soon, or the next injury, because he did everything they asked him to do. Now he gets a shot to force himself onto this roster. As Gorton said, they are not going to keep any of these 1st rounders from playing in NY, if they are ready. They will make trades, send guys down and/or bench guys if Lias performs. Coach wants to win. No Howden means we are only 9 to 10 deep in NHL forwards.

So why isn't Chytil being given Howdens spot, so HE can make his mark?

I hope they construct a new line with Lias and Chytil on it. Gotta drop Mcleod. Shit send Lettieri down too. Some kind of move has to be made here no?

Archived