• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Will Target Ryan Reaves in Free Agency

Phil

Reaves or Leo both suck. Regardless of who you prefer they both are black holes offensively and slow as shit. Leo hasn't been physical since Ovi destroyed him with a concussion. He is a total shell and can only PK at this point in his career. He can't even skate to defend anymore. He could not keep up with his line and was terrible with good linemates and too much ice time.

Take a look at the Leaf boards and fans. They are actually celebrating that Babcock won't be able to play his Tanner Glass anymore. They love Uncle Leo the person and what he did when he had some game, but to a man are ecstatic he is gone. All year the fans wanted him scratched and he was the target of nightly complaints. He was even more awful in the playoffs and finally was scratched for Marlies.

How either of these guys will improve the play of Lias and whoever is a mystery to me. Maybe the kids get run less with Reaves, but he will hurt his line in other places.

Neither should get more than 1 year or GTFO. Either should be a 13th Man. Reaves gets played only when another goon is in the lineup. Sure, when Wilson takes a cheap run at Chytil, I'll enjoy Reaves smashing his brain through the glass, leaving broken shards through his cheeks, pints of blood spilling everywhere and #43 in the fetal position. That is about what he is good for, revenge.

If he can even catch him.

Watched every Vegas playoff game. I do admit Reaves put a game or two together where he helped his linemates forecheck effectively. Even scored twice in that playoff game, by getting in front at the right time. Then just like Glass he could not sustain that energy for more than a couple of games and didn't have the speed to be effective. By the Cap series he was an outright liabilty.

Do we really want ineffective slow liabilities skating with a sorta slow Lias and some young winger we are trying to groom/evaluate?

Well if the Leafs fans don’t like him, case closed.

Well if the Leafs fans don’t like him, case closed.

Ha ha, that's the irony. They freakin love the guy, they wish him all the best, want him as a mascot. It took consistent horrific play and his game to drop off a cliff for a year and a half for them to wish he played for Boston. One leaf fan said, if he plays like last year God help the Rangers, they know not what they've done. Another Leaf fan responded, dumbass don't you realize the Rangers are trying to tank like we did?

But Gorton says we are not. Feels like the joke is on us.

Sidenote: I saw enough of Toronto to notice Leo was often the worst player on the ice. That they took too long to play Kap and other kids. My own observations and conclusions. Bluntly, he looked like he is done. People who watch every Leaf game seem to concur unanimously. How often do you get that kind of negative consensus about a player with a great rep among those same fans?

BTW, I have no idea if he can make magic and somehow regain some skating ability or be able to have some physicality to his game again. It seems unlikely, it would be a big bounceback. What do you think... 20% chance he improves at his age, from last year, and becomes useful 5 on 5?

Ha ha, that's the irony. They freakin love the guy, they wish him all the best, want him as a mascot. It took consistent horrific play and his game to drop off a cliff for a year and a half for them to wish he played for Boston. One leaf fan said, if he plays like last year God help the Rangers, they know not what they've done. Another Leaf fan responded, dumbass don't you realize the Rangers are trying to tank like we did?

But Gorton says we are not. Feels like the joke is on us.

Sidenote: I saw enough of Toronto to notice Leo was often the worst player on the ice. That they took too long to play Kap and other kids. My own observations and conclusions. Bluntly, he looked like he is done. People who watch every Leaf game seem to concur unanimously. How often do you get that kind of negative consensus about a player with a great rep among those same fans?

You’ve been here 4 fuckin years. Need more time to put that puzzle together? I’ll wait.

No I get ya, and Montreal fans are worse. Just I'm a little closer (heading to Buff/Toronto tomorrow for the wife'sbig family July party) and know some of the fans. They don't all have it wrong and they want to love the guy. There were literally over a hundred opinions over 10 pages, all similar! One guy did say Leo could be a decent 4th liner if given limited minutes, lol.

All that aside, unlike the Coyotes, I've watched way too many Toronto games the past few years. Not that anyone outside zona needs to be watching the yotes anytime soon.

I don't know if he's a character player per se, but wouldn't putting 6'6" Tim Gettinger on the 4th line be more prudent. He's got skill, size, youth and can bond with the youngsters. He would be more of a deterrent like Chara is now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not necessarily. It depends on what you're asking of him. He's big, but I don't recall him being much of an overly physical presence. He's also a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Komorov / Reaves. Smart to target both. Smarter to acquire only one.

We could use this type of leadership/work ethic on the team. Plus, we all know that it's helpful having some extra bodies should the kids not be ready.

Have to agree with this.

We are starting to acquire young assets, but there better be a good culture built. We had that for a while with the Girardi, Callahan, era but lacked talent.

Both must be there for long term success

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived