• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flyers Gearing Up to Trade Wayne Simmonds?

Phil

i think simmonds is worth more than Buch , but like other posters have said , wrong time to acquire a player like him , for obvious reasons

I think worth is relative to the team acquiring. He is worth more to a team in a position to win now, than one focused on building around young players like Buch.

In a vacuum thoigh, yes I agree. Simmonds is hands down worth more in the present.

I don't disagree. But the Rangers are really in no position to be entertaining him. He's a final piece trade, not a rebuild: year one kind.

If anything, the Rangers should be asking about the Flyers giving up a pick or one of their D prospects to take on MacDonald.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I would try to get him just to have some protection for the kids and then move him at the deadline. Bring in some toughness that can score while sticking up for the kids.

I wouldn’t trade Buch unless the return was absolutely incredible.

I have high expectations of what he can do playing for a coach who isn’t going to bury him on the 4th line like a fucking retard.

Kind of the point with all the younger players. SHould be hesitant to dump any of them quite yet. We don't really know what they can or cannot do because of AV's loony lineup ideas. Even Vesey and Hayes might be way better with a guy who simply gives them a fair shot instead of burying them for every eff up to play David Desharnais.

You'd trade Buch, 28, DeAngelo for 1 year of Wayne? Hell, substitute Lias for D'Angelo and that package gets Panarin. Then, we'd have to sign him too and he wants to "experience" free agency.

How about this dude? We continue to work on the rebuild, load up on youth, take shots at greatness and add solid prospects. Give it a year for everything to shake out under a new coach. Some vets flourish, others get traded and all the kids get another full year. Then we sign Panarin as a FA next year, keeping all our assets.

Plus we'll have good picks and extra picks (deadline trades + Tampa) to complete the load up in a good looking 2019 draft.

I was thinking the 2nd option. Not the first. Should have clarified.

Vesey, 26, Day...

Or are people high on Day again because he's being named in a few fan trade proposals?

Kind of the point with all the younger players. SHould be hesitant to dump any of them quite yet. We don't really know what they can or cannot do because of AV's loony lineup ideas. Even Vesey and Hayes might be way better with a guy who simply gives them a fair shot instead of burying them for every eff up to play David Desharnais.

Yeaaaah but Hayes has had the longest leash of any young player to wear a Rangers jersey in a very long time.

Archived