• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mats Zuccarello Expected to Stay

Phil

Well if you're going to trade Miller because his frustration was manifesting itself publicly, and then keep Zuccarello who is a veteran and wears a letter...Then that's awfully hypocritical.

Zuc made a shitty comment (that was 110% correct)... If he has a pattern of those, I'd agree. People say things when they are frustrated that probably would have come out with a little more polish under different circumstances. Had he said "we don't work hard enough" or "play smart enough" to beat the Jets its a non story. Semantics really

On Miller- from what we have read, his attitude has ebbed and flowed for some time.. Also, the compete level might not have been what it needed to be on a nightly basis.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case that was directed at me... I assumed Miller would get a shot with a new coach and was mostly interested in trading the UFAs. Mike and someone else implied mgmt thought he was "too far gone" and a new coach would not change things enough here.

That said, I was fine with trading Miller, but I would have liked more in return. I'm also Ok trading or keeping Zuc. I'd like to move him, but the return needs to be there.

I'm looking at trading differently this offseason. There are a group of players we can bring back with a new coach or trade. There are extra picks and prospects. None of them need to be traded, but any of them should be traded, if a team has real interest. Obviously that team has a piece we like a lot and can build with.

Hayes, Zuc, Spoon, Names, Shatty, Vesey, Staal, Smith, Belesky can all go. But the further you are on the left, the more I want in return.

I might be mis-remembering but did Miller not have issues with Torts as well? And the story was that he was not a popular guy in the locker room as well.

In terms of keeping Zucc... why wouldn?t you? Guy plays heart and soul every game and puts up decent points on a cap friendly contract. Unless you?re being offered something ridiculous for him you keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Should've moved him at the deadline, could've gotten another 1st rounder for him IMO.

I don't think he gets you a first rounder. Not at last deadline, not now. Maybe this deadline if someone is desperate.

He's a niche player. It would need to be the right situation for a team to be trading for him.

I'd guess we'd see a Hagelin-like return - a change of scenery guy with high upside getting 1 last shot in the NHL as a top-9 forward.

Yeah I feel the same way.

We should keep him around for now, and then reassess at the deadline.

Meh, he played terrible hockey when it was announced that the team was in sell mode. If he knows he's being dangled out for trade, his production and game will be pretty weak. Do the guy a favor and deal him now, so he can stay with one team for the season.

He can easily get a first rounder at the deadline. Team's fighting for points get a guy who's great in the shootout, good on PP and can PK.

So, you think management plans on keeping him around, then?

“Easily” would mean there were bidders. Not sure why they wouldn’t take it.

He can easily get a first rounder at the deadline. Team's fighting for points get a guy who's great in the shootout, good on PP and can PK.

?Easily? would mean there were bidders. Not sure why they wouldn?t take it.

?Easily? would mean there were bidders. Not sure why they wouldn?t take it.

I'm just saying what he can get. He's not getting you Emerson Etem. He'll get a first, easily imo.

You will always get good performance from Zucs! Good numbers on the ice, and Leadership off the Ice. And he needs to ensure that he is a leader and the stronghold of our Team. But it will depend on how much he will be of worth

https://foreverblueshirts.com/what-is-mats-zuccarello-worth-for-the-rangers-at-the-draft/

Again. Overvaluing what we have. Zucc's numbers are okay. They're not good. He's 100th in the league. I mean... c'mon. His leadership off the ice is a completely unknown factor by fans. Big time moves need to happen here. This team sucks.

In case that was directed at me... I assumed Miller would get a shot with a new coach and was mostly interested in trading the UFAs. Mike and someone else implied mgmt thought he was "too far gone" and a new coach would not change things enough here.

That said, I was fine with trading Miller, but I would have liked more in return. I'm also Ok trading or keeping Zuc. I'd like to move him, but the return needs to be there.

I'm looking at trading differently this offseason. There are a group of players we can bring back with a new coach or trade. There are extra picks and prospects. None of them need to be traded, but any of them should be traded, if a team has real interest. Obviously that team has a piece we like a lot and can build with.

Hayes, Zuc, Spoon, Names, Shatty, Vesey, Staal, Smith, Belesky can all go. But the further you are on the left, the more I want in return.

We just signed Shatty for 4 yrs in the prime of his career, even if we miss the playoffs he could be a valuable teacher for PP quaterbacking. I hope he isn't our first choice to get rid of.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Don't worry, I don't think they'll try to trade Shatty or Staal. I just think they should. Doubt there'd be many/any takers anyway.

Since Quinn may be closer to Shatty then anyone else on the team, he'll get a chance. If he then gets traded, then you know Shatty can't be the player the team needs/expected.

Meh, he played terrible hockey when it was announced that the team was in sell mode. If he knows he's being dangled out for trade, his production and game will be pretty weak. Do the guy a favor and deal him now, so he can stay with one team for the season.

Well, he?s now playing for his last payday so I expect him to be fairly motivated.

Archived