• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NY GIANTS DISCUSSION

Parsley

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gettleman killed this team. He got rid of the talented players that the previous GM brought in, and got rid of them, but brought in shit player to replace them. He should have been fired with Shurmur.

Yeah, not sure why I?m giving Gettleman a free pass but I am. I?m actually happy he unloaded headcases like OBJ and Collins but the return for them wasn?t enough. Also a few horrible signings over the years too. His drafts have been above average though. It saved his ass. Mainly Jones year 1 and Barkley?s first 2 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I mean they were headcases so what kind of return were you expecting

I?m still on the fence with Gettleman

When it comes to Gettleman, I'm not sure about him either. I liked it when they brought him in, but now it seems he hasn't done anything to make this team better like working on getting a decent O-line or a decent secondary (which is still among the worst in the NFL). Hard questions need to be answered in the offseason:

Will this Giants team make any strides next season?

Who will we get as a head coach? And what image does the franchise want to be as we head into the next decade?

When it comes to Gettleman, I'm not sure about him either. I liked it when they brought him in, but now it seems he hasn't done anything to make this team better like working on getting a decent O-line or a decent secondary (which is still among the worst in the NFL). Hard questions need to be answered in the offseason:

Will this Giants team make any strides next season?

Who will we get as a head coach? And what image does the franchise want to be as we head into the next decade?

Would love the Pats to get bounced next week, then we can let the Belichick rumors fly.

Don?t even need them to lose

Let's go!

Belichick may be convinced the dynasty is at the end and Brady is too diminished now, and the Pats may be convinced it's time to go to McDaniels or risk losing him. Maybe they don't like him that much, but pretty sure I had read at least once before that McDaniels was being groomed as a future successor.

Would there be any more perfect coach to take this team on than Belichick? Gets to mold DJ and work his magic with our young defense. Man...

Biggest problem is that its sounds like no one wants to work with Gettleman. May be a huge issue in bringing in the right coach for this team. Im also not buying his whole the team will be good once the rookies get better. If thats the plan, thats a shitty plan because the defense was horrible, couldn't stop teams in the second half, and that offensive line was hot garbage. Solder was horrible, and he did nothing last year to bring in anyone to help.

Joe Judge is the new Giants coach.

He was the receivers coach in New England.

Just heard on WFAN that before Rhule took the Carolina job, he went back to the Giants to give them the option to match the same offer from Carolina and they declined.

He's been the long time special teams coach in NE. I'm good with this hire, but obviously who the hell knows how it'll turn out.

At first I was like who the hell is Judge. After the smoke clears the pedigree is there. Former College QB, spent time under Saban at Alabama where he experienced winning. Saban recommended him to Belichick and we've all seen the Pats success. Ran the Special teams which Belichick views as a coord position and branched out and took over the WR's as well this year. Also presently getting his PHD in teaching.

Young guy 38 years old and has a mean streak, throwing a D lineman over a bench in college who was in one of his team mates face.

Hard to tell what he'll be but word is he has what it takes to lead men.

Idk, I would’ve liked a safe pick, someone with some experience like McCarthy or even Garrett after 2 unknown blunders is MacAdoo and Shurmur

My two cents on that is McCarthy got run out of GB then the team went from 7-9 and 6-9-1 to 13-3 immediately after he left. I didn't want him at all. A coach carried in the past by Aaron Rodgers during their better years.

Garrett defines mediocrity with respect to results with the Cowboys. Also not a good choice.

Rhule? A college coach. Unknown. Gets 60 million from the Panthers. Lol...what???

Other choices: McDaniels, Bieniemy, Martindale.

McDaniels and Bieniemy both OCs who got to work with 2 of the best QBs in the biz. Who knows how good they are. And actually McDaniels has a major failure as Denver HC on his record. Giants just tried two OCs in McAdoo and Shurmur as HCs and it was disastrous. Seems like more of the same. Martindale is the only other different choice here of names I saw IMO. Maybe he didn't interview well or maybe the Giants just liked Judge more, but this narrative that the Giants passed on all these other proven options I just don't really see it.

They could be horribly wrong on this pick. I just don't see how analysts wouldn't be saying the same thing no matter who they picked right now. I also think the guys talking up Rhule, who has less NFL experience than Judge, have any room to talk about Judge being a bad pick because of experience level though.