• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Zuccarello: Traded or Made Captain?

Sod16

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can?t get rid of every veteran player, you need someone good in the locker room to work with the kids, and there is no one I can think of that would be better than Zuc in that locker room with kids.

Why? What has he done with "kids" here?

Kreider is the one always talking to Buch, and Hayes/Miller/Vesey haven't even come close to their ceilings.

Why? What has he done with "kids" here?

Kreider is the one always talking to Buch, and Hayes/Miller/Vesey haven't even come close to their ceilings.

Kreider speaks Russian, Buch doesn't have many options... If we do have a C, I'm not sure what your other options are.. Also- by naming Zucc, you guarantee he gets moved before the draft..

Kreider speaks Russian, Buch doesn't have many options... If we do have a C, I'm not sure what your other options are.. Also- by naming Zucc, you guarantee he gets moved before the draft..

Lol - I mean, that may be true. But it means Zucc is doing less to help him.

If anyone, I would name Staal captain if, for no other reason, that he's been through it all. He talked about how he has a really good relationship with Pionk and I think Gilmour so can be a good presence for the young guys and he does have a good reputation in this league. He's not the fiery motivator and isn't all that charismatic, but he's a good guy to get you through the rebuild. Given that, I think they just go with 3 As. No reason to force a captaincy.

I'm not in favor of the C on Henrik -- bad experiment IMO.

Zucc is the next likely choice. Of all remaining players, and including some recently departed (to other teams) he alone exhibits outward leadership skills. He can articulate mood, is pretty direct from what I've seen and certainly looked up to - despite his lack of stature - for his every-shift-counts play.

Nobody on this team has been that Messier-type I think we crave. He was a special kind of dude. Messier-leaders are like needles in haystacks, or in our case, hat-tricks on home ice.

Of course not. But it's clear to me, the person on the team who cares the most about the Rangers is Hank who essentially said, I want to be here no matter what.

I'm not saying he should be the captain, but of what's left (not much) he'd be my pick.

Goaltenders can?t be captains in the NHL, and I?m not sure it would be a good selection anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Did I already state that Kreids should be? Lots of pros with making him wear that letter. Zuccha (although deserving) still has a red laser beam on his head, and may not be here, and if he does get it, I wouldn't unpack my bags as "C's" get traded often here. If MGMT. KNOWS he will be here, then I suppose go for it. Can't be worse than giving it to McD.

Tavares or whatever big free agent they sign with the cap space they have after all the trades will be captain next season.

I think that is NOT the way to go. The Captaincy should be "earned" within the team that is capable of such. Handing it to an outsider, well.....I'm just not copesthetic with it. Maybe just maybe Tavares, but that ain't happening anyway. So moot point.

I think that is NOT the way to go. The Captaincy should be "earned" within the team that is capable of such. Handing it to an outsider, well.....I'm just not copesthetic with it. Maybe just maybe Tavares, but that ain't happening anyway. So moot point.

Well one of the greatest if not greatest Rangers captains was an outsider that was handed the captaincy when he was acquired. I'm sure Ozzy knows who I'm referring to. I just don't see anyone on this team that is a good candidate. Kreider takes too many games off. Zuccs in my opinion isn't the right kind of character to be a captain. Although Zuccs plays hard he's not serious enough to be a captain.

Well one of the greatest if not greatest Rangers captains was an outsider that was handed the captaincy when he was acquired. I'm sure Ozzy knows who I'm referring to. I just don't see anyone on this team that is a good candidate. Kreider takes too many games off. Zuccs in my opinion isn't the right kind of character to be a captain. Although Zuccs plays hard he's not serious enough to be a captain.

I can't help it, I loved when Mess came here!

That guy was going to be the captain of the team no matter what! Thing is, there are so FEW players that command that type of respect. The guy earned it elsewhere like you said Robbie. I just don't think Tavares is going to come to the Rangers, that's all. I think Garth Snow would be a fool to let him go for very little or nothing at all. Without Tavares, the Isles are not going to be very competitive, and the guy can do it all.

Don't think being serious or not being serious has anything to do with equation. Just because Zuccha smiles and laughs alot doesn't mean anything. When it comes right down to it, Zuccha defends his teammates, himself and does anything and everything that's good for the team. Many worse off choices besides him, seriously. (Pun intended)

As for you Ozzy, just don't what to say to you. Did u wake up one morning next to.......oh, nevermind. LMAO.

Being a captain of the team is much more than just what's done on the ice. There's on the bench, in the locker room, at practice and behind the scenes. Zuccs has the on ice without a doubt, but not sure about the rest. McDonagh had the on ice too, but apparently the knock on him was all the rest.

zuc is one of the biggest leaders in practice, probably moreso than in a game. He challenges everybody (including Hank) to play like it's a real game. Intense yet upbeat. He jokes, he jabs, he keeps everybody on their toes and shows the kids that the Pros care about practice and every drill. Like the way Hags practices skating, like the way Grabs works out and maintains cardio and speed, or Kreids in the weight room, etc.

Zuc is the perfect A. He is not the guy to get serious with teammates when they act unprofessional, or handle off ice problems, he's the ultimate good cop and positive motivator.

Right now we have no C and do not need one. New coach should also take plenty of time before dropping a C on someone. Maybe more than a year.

Don't think being serious or not being serious has anything to do with equation. Just because Zuccha smiles and laughs alot doesn't mean anything. When it comes right down to it, Zuccha defends his teammates, himself and does anything and everything that's good for the team. Many worse off choices besides him, seriously. (Pun intended)

As for you Ozzy, just don't what to say to you. Did u wake up one morning next to.......oh, nevermind. LMAO.

I did!! =)

Archived