• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is Third Time the Charm for Rangers and High-Stakes Draft Deal?

Phil, we also forgot he is one of the fastest in the league, not afraid to forecheck, always backchecks, great stickchecker, plays on any line, doesn't take penalties... guess some of that goes with excellent defender.

Serious question to the gang. The big rental everyone is supposedly waiting on is Evander Kane, who is speculated to cost a #1 +. If you were Nashville or whoever would you rather add Grabner for the run or Kane? How about Nash or Kane?

It would be hard to believe this wasn?t true. Say what you want about brooks but he?s probably the most well known beat reporter covering the rangers. His reputation is on the line with this article. More than that he has relationships with the players and the FO of this team. Couldn?t imagine any of them would appreciate an article like this especially if it weren?t true. Trades drastically change players lives. They are reading this article and wondering where their families will be next week. They will probably leave their families behind until the summer when the future is more secure.

I have twin 3 year old boys I couldn?t imagine having to move away for a couple of months without them. Nash for one has two children preschool age. This kind of rumor has to affect him.

It?s part of the business and the players understand that. That said you don?t publish an article like that unless you have very credible sources and in the end be true.

Nope, it is Brooks, it is easy to believe it is bullshit. In fact, if it is Brooks one should automatically discount the credibility. Fatty, you and I part ways on the Brooks thing. We'll leave it at that.

As for the Minny idea, not bad. They have some pieces that could work for us and a few vets to choose from. Stewart only makes peanuts and he sucks. We'll take Spurgeon off their hands, he's not too old (until his contract is up) and he'd be super fun to watch fly around the rink. We'll add Grabs. The issue with Minny is that they still consider themselves a team with a strong D and do not really need McD the way a team like Toronto does.

When thinking about where to send McD or any defender, I usually rule-out Anaheim, Nashville and Minny. The few teams already stacked at the position.

Andersson will play in the NHL before Makar gets out of college.

If they tried to go all in on Makar, that's a little concerning, but Keller makes up for it, I guess.

Makar had 3G and 5A as a Dman in 8 WJC games. Everyone knows he's small. Not really concernng, lots of good reports on the kid still. Plenty of scouts felt he was impressive at WJC and the kid can fly and put up points. Andersson will probably play sooner cause he is not a Dman, more physically mature and not in college. Doesn't mean much.

That our scouts were so high on Keller is good to hear. Yeah that was a tough miss.

Makar is going to be an impressive player when he gets to the nhl. That may take a couple of years some consider that a bust. This whole planet needs instant gratification. Hopefully the rangers FO doesn’t need the same

I think that when you pick 4th overall, you expect a little more than "is struggling in the NCAA". It's not to say Makar won't pan out. It's to say Makar isn't meeting draft expectations at this time.

Not sure why people think he’s not on the right path in development. Hockey Canada was raving about him at the wjc. He was reportedly invited to the Olympic team but turned down the invite because he thought developmenly it was better to stay back.

He’s a kid that was drafted out of an untraditional league. A league where the competition isn’t as great. He’s a defenseman. He’s 18. Way to early to know anything yet, either way. If you watched the wjc you know his talents. He skates like the wind and is very creative. Of course a player like him is going to have to develop decision making and defensive zone play.

Archived