• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall D Tony DeAngelo and F Daniel Catenacci

Pretty sure it's based on where they come from. Was the same with Chytil. Since they're from Europe the can go to the A (and back and forth to the bigs) instead of getting stuck in junior, and if they hit 10 NHL games they burn an ELC year otherwise it slides.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

King or someone, do playoff games count as part of the 10 games or is it just reg season?

King or someone, do playoff games count as part of the 10 games or is it just reg season?

I believe it's just regular season, but I'll confirm.

Update:

According to this, it's RS matches or playoffs, or any combination of the two:

Eligible prospects are allowed to skate in nine NHL games (combination of regular season and playoffs) without having the first year of their entry level contract kick in.

Lisa Anderson was assigned to Hartford today as well. I would imagine he will be in ny soon.

Question. If Anderson does get called I?m assuming that burns a year of his entry level deal? Or does him being in Hartford already do that?

Is that Glens daughter?

I thought he got injured?

He came in for them, yes. He was also under the old CBA, which may have had slightly different rules. I can't recall off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider burned a year on his ELC when he came in for the playoffs. That's a rule that's been fairly consistent. 9 games applies for any RS/PS games only at the NHL level.

Kreider's situation was a bit different because of his age. He was too old (20) to have his contract slide. His debate was do they sign him to have him join the big club (which they did) and use an ELC year just for the playoffs or the other option was wait till the season was over to sign him to save that ELC year (could have joined the pack on an amateur tryout if they were still playing)

Archived