• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers @ Vegas Golden Knights // What Happens in Vegas...

Phil

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to keep reminding myself that there is plenty of hockey left to play.

Yeah, but where are they going to get that consistent lift from? Who is really going to step up and drive play with performance and results. Which few players are going to start playing like a star or close to it?

We need consistent play from 3 lines and a few defensemen every game, like we did the two years we went to the ECF.

Is Fleury worried when he sees Carey, Nieves, DD, Holden, Staal, Fast, Kampfer, Lettieri, an impotent Shatty, etc, on the ice? That's half our team!

Let's see.........

Shit start....Check!

Lots of turnovers....Check!

Lindberg scores first goal against us....Check!

We play uninspired hockey the rest of the way....Check!

Work furiously to tie the game late in the 3rd, with no shots and passing still sucking....Check!

Lose 5-3 when Lindberg scores the empty netter....Check!

Got it!!! We know the drill now

Pretty accurate, except Lindberg was a scratch.

Rangers are in real trouble. Haven’t played a solid game in almost 3 weeks.

This is true. And now we have a bunch of road games, Krieder out for 2+ months and Hayes?

Add Buch slumping and now benched, McD not McD and our whole right side of the D pourus. Or is it poorus. Or just poor us.

That 2nd goal by the Knights, looked like couple of players just gave up on it and stopped skating. It was a great play by the knights, perfect pass, something the Rangers could seem to do all game. Pav just had no chance on it. My seats were on the corner of the zone, so, I had a great view of it. It may not have shown it on TV, but, 2 Rangers were kind of skating.

Any specific reason Buch was benched? Barely play the guy, and he still is 3rd in points.

Fleury and Pav both had good nights. Simply one stopped one less shot.

Lettieri at least shoots the puck unlike everybody else. Expect that to be coached or beaten out of him.

Vegas should give Bettman a hard on. Ridiculous how successful this is. They lucked into it. Solid local fan base plus everyone traveling to plan their Vegas vacation and root for their team is a big win. Locals aren't so sure the Raiders is going to work as well; traffic hell, thuggery and supply/demand hotel price hikes might not be nearly as successful.

Pretty accurate, except Lindberg was a scratch.

I posted before I knew about Oscar!! But the rest was a given!! LOL

This team really has issues....I still think it stems from our coach, but these guys are so uninspired, and play with ZERO DISCIPLINE.

On the good side: Lettieri was the only guy really trying to score out there. Good to see the rest of them are enjoying their vacation....they better get used to it, because they're headed for a long one starting mid-April!!!

I was out in Vegas and went to the game.

• Very good fan experience, the building is loud as hell. The # of Rangers fans was nuts, season ticket holder next to me said it was the biggest visiting crowd he'd seen all year. Their fans made a good bit of noise to try and drown out the Rangers chants, made for a really fun game to be at.
  • Fleury played terrific, he stole the game
  • Vegas plays a very refreshing game to watch. They play within their system and don't get over their ski's. Gallant has done a great job

I was out in Vegas and went to the game.

• Very good fan experience, the building is loud as hell. The # of Rangers fans was nuts, season ticket holder next to me said it was the biggest visiting crowd he'd seen all year. Their fans made a good bit of noise to try and drown out the Rangers chants, made for a really fun game to be at.
  • Fleury played terrific, he stole the game
  • Vegas plays a very refreshing game to watch. They play within their system and don't get over their ski's. Gallant has done a great job

It looked like a blast in the stands! I think it was probably the most active visiting crowd I've seen all year from just listening to the background noise!

I agree, Fleury was terrific...so was Hank!

Vegas plays a very up tempo type game. They are very fast, and with Gallant being the guy over there, he's a no-nonsense, teaching-type coach. He'll have those guys ready for the playoffs and they'll make some noise for years to come.

Archived