• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Let's Have Another Conversation

josh

So he can make a point that way but i can't?

This is exactly the type of response that I'm talking about. Do you want to be taken seriously or do you want to come off as a troll? Phil and I have both taken the time to write well-worded responses to you in hopes of actually addressing the issues you've brought up. Instead, you've chosen to retort with snappy rhetorical questions. It begs the question of what your best interests actually are. We've asked you to provide input in such a way that would be constructive. You can choose to do so or have your words fall on deaf ears because you refuse to provide any backing. If you really care, say what you think will be helpful. Pointing fingers isn't accomplishing anything. It's why I stepped in to provide a more cordial response than Mike.

How and whether or not this proceeds is entirely based upon you and others who may share your opinion. Referring to some of us as a swarm though is not a way to get people on your side.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Side? Wtf...

If you don't get it, there's nothing to discuss.

Good luck.

This isn't helping me. At all. What I've been able to pull out of this is dealing with swarms. An understandable issue that we actually do try to limit.

Why are you making this intentionally difficult? I'm asking you to explain the issues you think are holding the forum back and your response is, in effect, "if you don't already know, I can't tell you".

You actually can. You're choosing not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A lot of us love/loved this place when it was at it's peak. There were definitely posters who didn't get along for whatever reasons, but it eventually all worked out. I believe I've owned up to everything I've done here that has crossed the line, and even let Dave post it publicly to try to give everyone a better understanding of how relationships can improve. I know that the goal is to have as much traffic as possible with everyone debating and posting all day. However, this is the classic

Quality vs. Quanity case. I'm not taking anything away from anyone, that includes new and old members, but we all know who's who and what's what. People that came here with you and followed the crowd, probably expect to be treated a little differently than new members who just look to argue and troll. Some of the shit was out of hand, no doubt, myself included. Regardless of how anyone feels about the following, losing Nik, Keith, Pete, Rich (Vodka), RichieNextel, Lindsay, Robin, CashorCzech, Josh for a while, the list goes on .... just doesn't feel right. It's a shame that certain people couldn't look past things. Shit, I probably mother fuckered everyone on here at some point, and now I have personal relationships with those people outside of FB. I mean, holy fuck, I went to Pete's wedding. It's not my board, and I'm not even a mod, but if it was I'd probably have instadeleted a lot of people within 1-2 months time even if they didn't actually violate that line. But if it's about Quanity over Quality, you gotta let em stay, I guess.

I realize we've lost specific people for a variety of reasons over a long span of time, but I really think most of you are drastically underestimating the reality of forums on today's internet. They're simply a dinosaur. I've been a member of half a dozen, some extremely popular, for the last decade. Every single one of them has had a dramatic drop in participation. Twitter, WhatsApp, Disqus, Facebook groups, and a few others have completely undercut them.

The best way for me to prove this? Show me a thriving forum anywhere for any subject. One that's actually still growing. Not just sustaining. The number of them is smaller by the day.

I’d say it’s hard to keep things fresh.

Particularly if it’s about player x (callahan, nash, lundqvist, girardi) you see poster 1 make the same point about that player in multiple threads (as a lover or hater) and you wonder if it’s worth debating that person yet again.

Also, tired topics (power play sucks) without any insights on how to improve.

For me, also frustration with the team - feel like they are past peak for a Cup run, and wonder how long it will take before I am excited about the team again.

With some of the negativity and personal attacks, I think some people just decided it wasn’t worth continuing.

phil, i think you’re asking the wrong audience. i think you’d have to reach out to the long time posters (like those mike mentioned) to see why they finally left. some cases they probably just lost interest or life changed, but you would get more info from those that left than those who stayed.

I realize we've lost specific people for a variety of reasons over a long span of time, but I really think most of you are drastically underestimating the reality of forums on today's internet. They're simply a dinosaur. I've been a member of half a dozen, some extremely popular, for the last decade. Every single one of them has had a dramatic drop in participation. Twitter, WhatsApp, Disqus, Facebook groups, and a few others have completely undercut them.

The best way for me to prove this? Show me a thriving forum anywhere for any subject. One that's actually still growing. Not just sustaining. The number of them is smaller by the day.

You missed my whole point.

Quality >>>>> Quantity

Not looking for more posters. Looking for the right ones.

Yup. That's why the drop off in posters to me seems "normal".

Add to that this team in general is descending from its peak a few years ago and there is clearly less excitement and hope as a fan.

Also add the demographics guys in their 20s-40s with work, wives and kids getting in the way as we all age.

NHL and the Rangers are one my few remaining escapes from reality.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You missed my whole point.

Quality >>>>> Quantity

Not looking for more posters. Looking for the right ones.

And that’s an incredibly difficult thing to do. It’s something we hoped Cleared4Contact would solve to an extent. If we were concerned with shear quantity we’d be pushing on the Rangers FB page. That’s not what we’re aiming for though.

And that’s an incredibly difficult thing to do. It’s something we hoped Cleared4Contact would solve to an extent. If we were concerned with shear quantity we’d be pushing on the Rangers FB page. That’s not what we’re aiming for though.

How is C4C helping that ?

I get C4C is a different format, allowing for longer posts/more detail/more analytics.

But the first two or three paragraphs of a C4C blog (in the past) would have been the start of a thread in BSBH, and sparked a lot of conversation here.

So it may be a big ask to have the same people adding content for both C4C and BSBH without either one or the other suffering.

Bloggers and blog readers tend to be a bit more refined than your average Facebook user. They tend to understand a bit more, given the content we cover. Things like the salary cap, CBA, etc.

So that eliminates guys like me.

I get C4C is a different format, allowing for longer posts/more detail/more analytics.

But the first two or three paragraphs of a C4C blog (in the past) would have been the start of a thread in BSBH, and sparked a lot of conversation here.

So it may be a big ask to have the same people adding content for both C4C and BSBH without either one or the other suffering.

They still do.

So that eliminates guys like me.

You fall under the "etc" part.

I must be just ignorant to some of this but I've actually felt there have been some new faces or old members appearing more frequently. I also think activity kind of follows the actual Rangers season. If they look like they suck or are destined for an average season, I think human nature plays a large part and people stay away. Why keep reading stuff that just ends up annoying you?

I must be just ignorant to some of this but I've actually felt there have been some new faces or old members appearing more frequently. I also think activity kind of follows the actual Rangers season. If they look like they suck or are destined for an average season, I think human nature plays a large part and people stay away. Why keep reading stuff that just ends up annoying you?

I disagree. Remember 11/12 season? One of 3 of the best teams in hockey, thee best team in the EC, and 1/2 of the board wanted Torts fired because Hagelin wasn't on the powerplay. Then there was 14/15 when they won the President's Trophy yet the bullshit continued. Now you have everyone killing AV. These are the same people that wanted Torts fired. All the complaining comes mid season, it just gets worse in the playoffs. People think everyone sucks or is stupid when their team loses in the post season, yet just 1% actually come up with a reasonable, possible solution or actual reasons why they lost and what they need to work on. Vicious cycle that will never end if you keep the same guys around posting, kinda like a bad hockey team.

As for this conversation, see your post. This is exactly what I mentioned.

So welcoming of those with differing opinions...

You challenge a new posters opinion or comment like that, you think they'll come back?

What are you talking about? I'm genuinely trying to understand when you think you get persecuted for constructive criticism because I don't think it happens. The fact that you can't give me an example only reinforces that.

Archived