• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Restricted Free Agents To Be Available In Vegas Signing Window

Phil

So there will be 16 teams Girardi can be traded to. If his agent has half a brain here is the list:

Toronto and Buffalo...close to his home town, but why would they want him?

NYI and NJD...won't have to move his family, but they are out biggest rivals and why would they want him?

Chicago, Anaheim, Detroit, Boston, Minnesota, Nashville, Tampa, Carolina, Winnipeg, Columbus, St. Louis, Ottawa...are all either strapped for cap space or have no desire to add G to their D corps.

So how easy is it to trade him????

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would Girardi just give in and waive his NMC to go to Vegas? No matter how you shake it he gets his money. From his point of view, best option is don't waive and gives Randers the list of teams you're willing to go to. Why do anything else?

Here is why he might do it.

1. To continue to be a valuable member of an NHL team and extend his career.

2. Play for a team that wants him and will give him a leadership role and big minutes. To work where he is wanted.

3. To not be stuck on a team that tells him he will not play many games.

4. To satisfy his desire to compete and play and be a part of something.

5. Professional pride. To show he can still play.

6. Maybe he does not view Vegas as a hell hole, but an interesting opportunity.

7. Because he is told he will not be a Ranger this year. Why dick around hoping another team wants him, when Vegas already does.

I agree that G could put a wrench in this idea, but I also would not dismiss it as an absolute long shot. If G were to agree, do you have other feedback?

With salary retention and G's playoff, the Ranger could probably find a trading partner.

I was going to mention the Sabres. Being here in upstate and having family in Roch and Buff, I hear about their plight constantly. There is turmoil among mgmt, players (Eichel) and coaching. There is talk they want veteran leadership on the blueline. They want a few guys with winning playoff experience and to settle the locker room. Someone to stay at home and PK, allowing Bogosian to concentrate more on PP and O and lessen his PK responsibilities. They want reliable vet depth defensemen (unselfish team players and winners) to give their young forwards more confidence. With some salary retention, the Sabres might welcome G.

So there will be 16 teams Girardi can be traded to. If his agent has half a brain here is the list:

Toronto and Buffalo...close to his home town, but why would they want him?

So how easy is it to trade him????

Besides Buff, Toronto could be interested too. Again, they are ready to add a vet or two to their very young group. Some salary retention and very little in return could make G attractive to Toronto.

• 11 months later...
I think Vegas will be a competitive team, and be in the mix for a playoff spot.

I think their line up will be comprised of players that are fixtures on current NHL teams. They most likely won't have any superstars (unless traded for), but will have a forward roster filled with at least 6th through 9th guys, with a possibility of maybe 1 or 2 5ths. The blue line could be tricky, but they'll have solid goaltending. A team can easily compete with a roster selected of all solid players, especially if coached right. My guess is they'll be a grinding team that scores dirty goals. The blue line might hurt them, but the team will compete.

Hey Giacomin, suck on that, buddy.

Hey Giacomin, suck on that, buddy.

:confused:

Did we ever debate or disagree on Vegas this year or in the off season? I liked what Vegas and McPhee did during the expansion and entry draft. Complemented him up and down during the off season. But I'll suck on it, if it makes you feel better.

You should take this evidence and show it to those who had an issue with your take on Vegas. Or those arguing with you about Vegas in the other thread. I've stayed out of it. To use me as your foil is misdirected. I happen(ed) to have a similar take, except for thinking they got more than just 6 through 9 forwards. If anything I'd magnify and expand on your reasoning.

The only debate about a team I remember having with you was regarding the team from NJ. That would have been the more relevant bump. However, no reason to go there, I had the advantage of seeing a lot of Devil's games. Had you seen as much, I'm sure you would have recognized that their rebuild was going well, even though they are not ready for prime time.

I'm confident you know your stuff. No need to prove that to me.

Did we ever debate or disagree on Vegas this year or in the off season? I liked what Vegas and McPhee did during the expansion and entry draft. Complemented him up and down during the off season. But I'll suck on it, if it makes you feel better.

You should take this evidence and show it to those who had an issue with your take on Vegas. Or those arguing with you about Vegas in the other thread. I've stayed out of it. To use me as your foil is misdirected. I happen(ed) to have a similar take, except for thinking they got more than just 6 through 9 forwards. If anything I'd magnify and expand on your reasoning.

The only debate about a team I remember having with you was regarding the team from NJ. That would have been the more relevant bump. However, no reason to go there, I had the advantage of seeing a lot of Devil's games. Had you seen as much, I'm sure you would have recognized that their rebuild was going well, even though they are not ready for prime time.

I’m just fuckin with you. Lol

I’m busy today, but if you can go back and find my posts about NJ, I’d like to read them.

Archived