• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

If You Could Have Drinks with Anyone (Living), Who Would it be and Why?

Phil

I think for me it'd be the American author, philosopher, and neuroscientist Sam Harris. I find that I can listen to him speak, even on points I don't agree with him on, for hours on end and not even realize the time elapsed. Even multiple drinks in, I can't imagine he'd lose the mental faculties to keep the conversation engaging. Islam, artificial intelligence, religion, Trump, identity politics ? I actually don't think there'd be enough time in the evening to cover all the topics I'd love to hear him talk about in person like that.

Without the "living" stipulation, my answer would shift to Hitchens for all the same reasons, except with Hitchens I think shit would get rowdy, because that dude loved the drink and had a really witty sense of humor.

Political Class: Mark Steyn and Nigel Forage at the same table. After their performance together at the Munk debates this year, I'm in love with both. I've devoured everything Steyn has written in the past six months and I need more. I think it would be impossible not to have fun with Farage.

Athletic Class: John Gibbons. A philosophical Boomhauer. Probably be a rough morning.

I think for me it'd be the American author, philosopher, and neuroscientist Sam Harris. I find that I can listen to him speak, even on points I don't agree with him on, for hours on end and not even realize the time elapsed. Even multiple drinks in, I can't imagine he'd lose the mental faculties to keep the conversation engaging. Islam, artificial intelligence, religion, Trump, identity politics — I actually don't think there'd be enough time in the evening to cover all the topics I'd love to hear him talk about in person like that.

Without the "living" stipulation, my answer would shift to Hitchens for all the same reasons, except with Hitchens I think shit would get rowdy, because that dude loved the drink and had a really witty sense of humor.

It would be so interesting to see where Hitchens sat for all of this insanity. Classical Liberal in every sense, despised the Clinton's in every way, way ahead of the curve there.

He almost certainly would see Trump as a charlatan but more than anybody would have love to seen the death of this PC nonsense we're living in.

Shame.

It would be so interesting to see where Hitchens sat for all of this insanity. Classical Liberal in every sense, despised the Clinton's in every way, way ahead of the curve there.

He almost certainly would see Trump as a charlatan but more than anybody would have love to seen the death of this PC nonsense we're living in.

Shame.

He actually predicted a lot of it. Especially the rise of "Islamaphobia" which he saw the introduction of before he died. He and his brother both warned of kowtowing to intolerance cultures in the name of tolerance, but it happened anyway.

Based on your response above, I you'd probably really enjoy a conversation with Ben Shapiro, too.

Archived