• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Don't Look Now, But You're Being Rated on ?ber

Pete

THE other week I was riding crosstown in an Uber car, chatting with the very nice driver about how much I liked Uber, and the driver said, by way of being helpful, I believe, ?You have a 4.5 rating. If it drops to 4.0, no driver will pick you up.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/sunday-review/ouch-my-personality-reviewed.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&bicmp=AD&bicmlukp=WT.mc_id&bicmst=1409232722000&bicmet=1419773522000

---

Part of me is thinking "Yea! Finally rude people and bad tippers are getting their due!"

The other part of me is that I'm paying you to take me from point A to B, you're not paying me for my company along the way. And also, as an on-demand service, how can you not pick me up? And, is this in their TOS?

Being Uber means there is no need to tip drivers with any of our services.

When using uberTAXI (requesting a ride from a cab via the Uber app, available in select cities), drivers will input the metered fare into the Uber driver application. A default 20% of the metered fare will be automatically added and paid to the driver as a gratuity. You can select the percentage amount of the gratuity by signing into your account at uber.com then clicking the ‘Payment’ link at the top.

No option of changing it in the app. I've never actually handed an uber driver cash

Believe it or not some people are dicks to cab drivers

I'm sure they are, but check it out...If someone drops you off up the block, like they did to the author of the article, and you ask to be dropped closer to your house and the driver gets testy and rates your poorly, that effects your ability to get a car...If they are going to review you, you should be able to see it, and comment on it, like Yelp! or anything else.

I bet most things that provide services to people have things like this. I know a few have internal blacklists, and apparently there's a global Human Resources black list for interviewees
I find that hard to believe. If that ever came out, it would rock the HR industry.

Archived