• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Spotlight Thread: Puck Head

High and Wide

If you take a dog sled to the bus stop' date=' what happens to the dogs? Or was it your dad driving the sled to drop you off?[/quote']

Good question...

Very old homesteader named Papa Holmes (major road named after him now)...would take around 3-4 of us on dog sled to general store to catch bus

What do you like to do outside of hockey? What is a typical day like in Alaska for you? Whats your Favorite City?

What do you like to do outside of hockey?

What is a typical day like in Alaska for you?

I work two weeks a month, during those two weeks, usually in office from 5am to 11pm

During my two weeks off, time is spent with son. Summer time includes golf, paddle boarding, bike riding and football 5 nights a week.

Winter time is typically consumed with hockey, but we downhill ski, snowmachine, etc when we get the chance.

Whats your Favorite City?

Loved living in Lake Tahoe and areas in BC, (Vancouver, Prince George, Penticton).

Do you fold your pizza when you eat it, or do you eat it wrong?

Coke or Pepsi?

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

Do you fold your pizza when you eat it, or do you eat it wrong?

I eat it wrong, but during trips to NY folded....."when in rome..."

Coke or Pepsi?

Pepsi (I'm addicted)

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

With son, I get both...

With girlfriend and son....I seem to get none.

What do you do at your job?

What do you do at your job?

As little as possible, probably spend too much time on this forum.

Have been Employed by ConocPhillips (previously ARCO and BP) last 20 years.

At one time I headed up the Global Information Systems Group,...not sure exactly what I do now.

Received a minor bump a few years back, and work directly with Operations/Production/Drilling/and Capital Projects.

We spent a few billion last year on a project I've been attached to, and also was on loan to Exxon/Mobil Pt. Thompson project for pre development.

We have a minor ownership in that project.

Best way to summarize what I do...

I simply try to surround myself with the best personal possibly, and support those employees rather than impede.

What was your worst encounter as a coach with a hockey parent?

Did you ever have a coach that you hated ?

What type of parent would you rather deal with .... completely quiet, or someone that asks a lot of questions in sincere form?

How much do I have to pay you monthly when I send Michael out to you?

Did you ever have a coach that you hated ?

What type of parent would you rather deal with .... completely quiet, or someone that asks a lot of questions in sincere form?

A parent attempted to sue me around 6 years ago. 2.0 GPA is the minimum academic requirement to play Varsity Hockey, I had a internal minimum of 2.5

If you maintained less then 2.5 for two weeks, then you did not attend practice and spent that time at a study session.

Had that rule for years, supported by administration and school district.

Did you ever have a coach that you hated?

Was just thinking back, probably had 10-12 coaches growing up through age 18. Took something from each of them, even the dad's out there in Bunny Boots, (who couldn't skate).

But I had a coach my Junior year in High School, former Div1 player, probably was 24 at the time. Absolutely hated him, he was cocky, a drunk, missed multiple practices, his ego was so large he didn't have an assistant, absolute terrible role model.

One I never see :)

Rob Profitt, (GM of NAHL last year national champs), and I have been at tryouts together all week. Wednesday night, he tells me he had a 5 minute meeting with his U16 selects after he posted roster.

1- Don't ever text him

2- If the parents ever try to talk hockey with him he's cutting player

We have a billet system here for imports, no money, I think small amounts paid to help with food etc :)

• 2 weeks later...
What's your fondest memory of the "old" board — WBB or even earlier?

What user do you miss most, or wish would register here?

fondest memory of the "old" board

I can't say fondest....but 9-11 stands out in many ways.

So many people on the board affected, and people logging in essentially to let others know they are ok.

What user do you miss most

Always got a kick out of Trees

What was the biggest goal you ever scored during your playing time?

What's your biggest non sport hobby?

How old were you when you lost your virginity, and what was her/his name?

B) Where were you?

biggest goal.....

Really never had any huge ones, but I scored a goal in 84 and that puck sits in trophy case at High School still.

Reason is 1984 was the first official year of Alaska State High School Hockey, and we just happened to be scheduled for the first game of the season, (around 6 games that night and we started one hour early).

As a freshman I just so happened to bury some junk on my second shift, (coach balanced our 1st line by sticking a scrub like me on the wing). So......that goal went down in the history books I guess.

What's your biggest non sport hobby

Grew up playing soccer in summer, but now I would have to say golf.

Kristie (should have married her, she did rather well in life)

Where were you?

Her parents couch

biggest goal.....

Really never had any huge ones, but I scored a goal in 84 and that puck sits in trophy case at High School still.

Reason is 1984 was the first official year of Alaska State High School Hockey, and we just happened to be scheduled for the first game of the season, (around 6 games that night and we started one hour early).

As a freshman I just so happened to bury some junk on my second shift, (coach balanced our 1st line by sticking a scrub like me on the wing). So......that goal went down in the history books I guess.

What's your biggest non sport hobby

Grew up playing soccer in summer, but now I would have to say golf.

Kristie (should have married her, she did rather well in life)

Where were you?

Her parents couch

NON SPORT HOBBY ie stamps, coins, etc

Biggest game you've hunted?

http://ferrebeekeeper.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/large_brown_bear.jpg

Kodiak Brown Bear I guess. Second largest would be Alaskan Moose.

Dad and I use to hunt on Kodiak years ago. Not much of a hunter now since he passed (some fishing though).

Typically carried 30.06 for Moose/Deer, but would carry a 375 h&h magnum on Kodiak, not a fun rifle to fire as a young boy.

Popular big game round.

How many guns do you own and what types?

Only a few handguns, and the rifles were passed down to me.

Around a dozen rifles and shotguns?

Largest rifle being the 375. Other rifles.... two 30.06, 30/30, .308, two or three .22 rifles, and the rest being shotguns.

Only weapon I don't keep under lock and key is the Ithaca Shotgun, rest collect dust now :)

Archived