• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

RCN Cable

Patrick Bateman

Had it for a few years. Quality of the feed was poor on a lot of channels. Had a technician come out twice to address it and it did not result in anything. They also kept raising prices... We were paying Like $250 for phone internet and basic cable at one point.

Only real positive for me was that the internet was usually pretty fast.

Given the choice I wOuld probably stick with time Warner.

save money and don't get either. Most buildings/apts are already wired for basic TW cable. Plug the cable cord into the wall and, most likely, youll get the basic 50+ programs for free.

Pretty sure you need a converter box.

Yeah, I seriously doubt you can just plug into the cable outlet directly. I do know that you can simply purchase an HD Antenna and pick up basic channel in HD for free, but you aren't likely to get the signal directly out of the wall anymore.

Analog signal is dead, isn't it? I know they were phasing it out, but I'm pretty sure it's dead in the water now, which was what allowed folks to plug into the wall like that in the first place.

I'm currently plugged directly from the wall into my TV and getting the basic local channels (2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, etc.). But I'm paying for it. I'm not sure if I would get a signal if I wasn't paying for it.

TWC you need a box, though. I know not every area in the country needs converter boxes, NY does.

• 1 month later...

Archived