• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buying a new mattress

I actually just ordered a Sealy's posturpedic from Macys. It was $399 mattress and box spring, memorial day sale. Queen sized.

Sleepy's had very expensive stuff at the store. Didn't really have any of the online sale mattresses at the stores so I couldn't test any of them.

Just waiting for delivery and a cheap, but not so cheap bed frame. Probably around $250-$300.

Seriously. We last went to Bob's and got the Bob-o-pedic. Best mattress I've ever slept on. Just amazing. I'd highly recommend at least laying on it, as it's a fraction of the cost of most memory foam mattresses ? especially Tempurpedic.

My suggestion: definitely go lay on them, and do yourself two huge favors when you do so:

1. TAKE YOUR TIME! You are in no rush. Mattresses are expensive. Be confident in the one you like most.

2. Don't just lay on your back. Most places will put a "foot skirt" at the bottom so you can actually lay on it the way you would actually lay on a real mattress to sleep at home. Be sure to rest for a few moments and really get a good feel of them.

I actually annoyed my wife in going back and forth between two models when we went, probably a dozen times, each time spending a good minute or so on each before I made my final decision.

Smart stuff....we spend alot of time on our backs, pays to spend wisely and not go cheap.

Archived