• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

You may not have to wait long. There's a ton of buzz that Wyatt could be coming in as soon as September 29th in Rochester because of the connection to Brodie Lee (who was from Rochester).

That would be huge

Rumors I read were Wyatt wasn't happy with ideas they had with his character and I guess Vince thought he was being to protective of his character .

Vince continues to be clueless.

Awesome news about Wyatt. I heard awhile back he might go to Impact, but going to AEW makes more sense because of the Brodie Lee connections and all of that you mentioned. WWE screwed up the Wyatt Family from the get go, so he could use a change of scenery and fully be able to get in character. I'll be interested to see what his plans are for a gimmick, because he's been teasing something a bit different on Twitter.

Well, the problem with AEW is their roster is filling up fast, and not with regular folks, but high-end talent. That is both a reason to go to a company like that, but also something to be wary of if what you envision for your character is a little more exclusionary.

A stop-off in Impact wouldn't bring the same industry pop, but it might give him the opportunity to kind of beta test any new characters he wants to. Might even be able to do it with Strowman, who is reportedly in talks with Impact as well.

Yeah, it sounds like Stroman is Impact bound. I know I've read concern that AEW almost has too much talent, and if they'll be able to afford to keep them, let alone give them all a fair booking opportunity. But, Tony Khan is quite well off financially, so I think they'll be alright. Also, I hope all of these people make it in the new AEW video game that's in development. That's going to be an amazing roster if so. ?

Tony Khan has a net worth of over a billion dollars. "Afford to keep them" isn't much of a concern, if it is one at all. The real question is booking and opportunity, like you said. Guys like Malakai Black, for example, can find them selves pretty quickly swallowed up despite coming in like a house on fire because the debuts don't seem to be letting up. It becomes a shiny new toy syndrome.

Tommy Dreamer has been suspended indefinitely by Impact Wrestling.

Anthem Chief Corporate Officer and Impact President Ed Nordholm issued an e-mail to the Impact roster and staff today to announce that Dreamer has been suspended indefinitely moving forward, according to PWInsider.

Nordholm stated that the company was aware of Dreamer’s DSOTR comments, and that they were “out of line with our core values” as a company. Nordholm went on to say that Dreamer was “asked to leave effective immediately” from Skyway Studios in Nashville, where the company is preparing to tape content this weekend. Nordholm also asked if anyone had any questions or concerns, to approach Impact Hall of Famer & Producer Gail Kim, Executive Vice President Scott D’Amore, or himself.

https://www.pwmania.com/impact-wrestling-suspends-tommy-dreamer-indefinitely-for-vice-dark-side-of-the-ring-remarks

--

So, more than just not working the tapings — he's been suspended indefinitely.

Missy Hyatt in her book said Ric Flair Regularly would do things like this on airplanes that she was on. And also testified in court in her case against Eric Bischoff and WCW About situations like this that Flair did.Tommy Dreamer Who was working in talent relations for WWF at the time should never had said anything. Like Paul E said he should no sell it .The one guy who did nothing gets in trouble. Flair Hayes Hall Justin credible ,Rhodes All went to Rehab. ESPN 30 for 30 said that Flair did this shit…MADE MAN 

Edited by Lord Al

"It’s a pretty prestigious event and it’s cool that the Park District and the US Open folks agreed to have AEW Grand Slam. I’m really hoping it’s something we can do in New York with Arthur Ashe Stadium every year.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-khan-hoping-to-make-aew-grand-slam-in-new-york-an-annual-event/

This would be awesome. Turn it into a SummerSlam-type major event every summer.

September 20, 2021 – All Elite Wrestling (AEW) and The Owen Hart Foundation (OHF), a nonprofit charity which provides a vast range of assistance and opportunities to individuals in-need across the world, are collaborating to honor the legacy of late wrestler Owen Hart, a beloved figure in the professional wrestling community and beyond. This collaboration includes launching the annual Owen Hart Cup Tournament within AEW, which will see the winner receive a Cup known as “The Owen,” as well as the production and distribution of unique and original Owen Hart merchandise, including specified retail goods as well as the upcoming AEW console video game.

This alliance incorporates opportunities to develop Owen Hart action figures via AEW’s partnership with Jazwares, apparel, posters, and additional collectable merchandise. Owen Hart is survived by his wife, Dr. Martha Hart, who spearheads The Owen Hart Foundation with a mission of providing global aid to at-risk communities (e.g., scholarships, housing, various forms international assistance, food drives, backpack giveaways and Christmas projects).

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/post/aew-the-owen-hart-foundation-enter-into-a-relationship-to-honor-world-renowned-wrestler-owen-hart

This fucking rules.