• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So Apparently, We?ve Been Eating Apples All Wrong

Phil

Yeah, he didn't like to waste anything. Guess that comes from growing up during the Depression.

I'm horribly allergic to apples. :(

My grandmother (on my mothers side — not my fathers' side, who taught me the banana thing) was similar. Whenever we ate chicken, she'd cook everything up and eat everything except the bones. She'd even crack them all to get the marrow, and would eat all the cartilage, fat, etc. right along with the meat.

My grandmother (on my mothers side — not my fathers' side, who taught me the banana thing) was similar. Whenever we ate chicken, she'd cook everything up and eat everything except the bones. She'd even crack them all to get the marrow, and would eat all the cartilage, fat, etc. right along with the meat.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4652150/i-ate-the-bones-o.gif

Apple seeds contain cyanide. It only takes about a half a cup of seeds to kill you, although you will need to chew them up to break the shells and consume them very quickly or the cyanide evaporates.

Learn something new every day.

If you guys are really bored one day, you can try this trick that my father showed my a long time ago. Cut a banana into pieces with the skin on it, so when someone peels it open, it's sliced into 5,6, 7 pieces. Really simple, actually. Take a pin, stick it in the banana and hold it firmly. With the hand that's holding the banana, just move the banana left to right, then right to left. Move the pin down a little bit, repeat.

If you guys are really bored one day, you can try this trick that my father showed my a long time ago. Cut a banana into pieces with the skin on it, so when someone peels it open, it's sliced into 5,6, 7 pieces. Really simple, actually. Take a pin, stick it in the banana and hold it firmly. With the hand that's holding the banana, just move the banana left to right, then right to left. Move the pin down a little bit, repeat.

You're just mean spirited.

Teach Michael a cool trick. Tell him to clean the microwave. When he declines, tell him there is a simple way to clean it without actually having to clean it. Put a Peep Marshmallow in the microwave for 3 and a half minutes. The sugar coating on the marshmallow will absorb all of the grease and debris in the microwave leaving you nothing to do.

Don't most foreigners eat the entire thing?

Had one Russian exchange student that ate everything but left the stems everywhere.

Never thought about that but I'm from Sweden and both me and my brother eat the whole thing except for the stem. What about Jules?

Archived