• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Going to MSG this Saturday....

Dr. Jimmy

I'm going to Rangers/Devils this coming Saturday, first time to MSG in ages. Was wondering when the last train out from Penn Station is? Coming from Bridgeport, Amtrak schedule shows it as around 8pm, so either I read it wrong or I need to find a different way to and from...... :confused:

If this is in the wrong froum, I apologize and please direct me to the correct one.

Thanks!!!

Or take the 7 from grand central to Port authority, and switch to a downtown 1, 2, or 3 train. Go one stop and your in Penn Station.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to that (last time I was in NYC was close to 30 years ago, I was about 10! LOL) Doesn't sound too hard though, thanks!

You can take Amtrak into Penn for the game no problems. Going home you have to take Metro North. After the game depending on how much time you have you can either walk uptown to Grand Central, its not a bad walk by any means. Or if you're pressed for time or simly don't want to walk you can take an uptown 1,2,or 3 train one stop to 42nd street times square. From there you're going to have to take either the 7 train 2 stops to Grand Central, or the 42nd street shuttle 1 stop to Grand Central. Check out mta.info before you leave Saturday and see if they're doing work on either subway that weekend. Once you get to Grand Central you're going to hop on a New Haven bound train (New Haven line trains all have red stripes on them). Once you get on that train sit down and relax.

You can take Amtrak into Penn for the game no problems. Going home you have to take Metro North. After the game depending on how much time you have you can either walk uptown to Grand Central, its not a bad walk by any means. Or if you're pressed for time or simly don't want to walk you can take an uptown 1,2,or 3 train one stop to 42nd street times square. From there you're going to have to take either the 7 train 2 stops to Grand Central, or the 42nd street shuttle 1 stop to Grand Central. Check out mta.info before you leave Saturday and see if they're doing work on either subway that weekend. Once you get to Grand Central you're going to hop on a New Haven bound train (New Haven line trains all have red stripes on them). Once you get on that train sit down and relax.

Pretty much what I did except walked back to Grand Central after the game. Not a bad evening, had the very last row in 419 yet still had a decent view. Thanks for all the advise here!

Archived