• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Took a huge step in my life... I got a dog.

Niko

He seems to be adjusting well. I've been stern with him when he acts out, like when I went to eat dinner and he put his paws on the table. I walked him twice. He's full of energy. He tried to hump my friend for a second and I told him "NO!" In a stern voice and he stopped.

He knows how to sit, lay, stop and high 5 on command. He's quiet thus far (knock on wood) and has been a good boy. First night home is going well thus far!

my wife like pugs so maybe that is what we would get instead lol.

Pugs are literally like disabled children.

Ours does not listen no matter what we do. She sheds like no dog I have ever seen. Constantly has breathing problems, constantly is getting skin infections and irritations, has to be on a really strict diet because you cant exercise them too much, and in general is just a massive pain in the ass.

We have had her for over a year now and she still randomly does her business inside whenever she feels like it.

Of the three dogs I have had in my life this one is a nightmare compared to the other two.

Also get ready to have a constant tail. These dogs HATE being alone and will follow you EVERYWHERE.

The fact that people pay thousands of dollars for these dogs is mind boggling to me. You would have to pay me a lot of money to take another pug in.

Pugs are literally like disabled children.

Ours does not listen no matter what we do. She sheds like no dog I have ever seen. Constantly has breathing problems, constantly is getting skin infections and irritations, has to be on a really strict diet because you cant exercise them too much, and in general is just a massive pain in the ass.

We have had her for over a year now and she still randomly does her business inside whenever she feels like it.

Of the three dogs I have had in my life this one is a nightmare compared to the other two.

Also get ready to have a constant tail. These dogs HATE being alone and will follow you EVERYWHERE.

The fact that people pay thousands of dollars for these dogs is mind boggling to me. You would have to pay me a lot of money to take another pug in.

good to know!! :)

I didn't. I was leaving him for a minute, 30 seconds, 3 or 4 minutes. Yesterday I left him in for 10. Today, I just had to go to work and no one could stay with him. Kind of got caught between a pimp and a hard place. I'm taking him for a walk and to the doggy park as soon as I get home. Mg ex gf may come by to play with him later. My mom was supposed to come sleep over with him, but she's not feeling well.

Dog ownership is a great feeling, but it can also make you feel like an asshole. I hate making the dog cry.

• 1 month later...
A

IMG_7938.jpeg

Clearly, from the pic, wants to be a "police beagle." At first, I thought he was interested in becoming a bookworm, then I saw he was sniffing the policeman figurine. Probably sniffing for illicit something or other ;)

Marg and I are about ready to adopt again, maybe two this time.

The house without a dog thing has gone on too long already. I visit NSAL every week and I have a few candidates in mind, one very much in mind, right now. They were too busy to help yesterday, so will check again today to see if I can spend some time with a couple of dogs.

We're probably going older this time, since we have experience, and those older dogs have the hardest time getting adopted.

I didn't. I was leaving him for a minute, 30 seconds, 3 or 4 minutes. Yesterday I left him in for 10. Today, I just had to go to work and no one could stay with him. Kind of got caught between a pimp and a hard place. I'm taking him for a walk and to the doggy park as soon as I get home. Mg ex gf may come by to play with him later. My mom was supposed to come sleep over with him, but she's not feeling well.

Dog ownership is a great feeling, but it can also make you feel like an asshole. I hate making the dog cry.

I hear you.

Work at it, and keep on training. You don't want to let it get to where he still howls when you nip into a diner to grab a cup of coffee, or your another major member of the pack, the wife, disappears into the bathroom while you're on vacation, and poochy creates a wailing scene of epic proportions.

It pays off down the road for you and the dog.

Archived