• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Backlight Bleeding on TVs

Fuhgeddaboudit

So I hooked up this TV in my new house and it is new and there is a hell of a lot of backlight bleeding on the 4 corners of the TV. When I change the input so I can get no signal, I see the yellow looking lights on the corner.

I have a warranty with Best Buy, so I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble of bringin the TV back to best buy and trying to get it fixed or replaced.

Did any of you guys have issues with their LED/LCD TVs and backlight bleeds?

last month after having 2yrs of Backlight Bleed from my WHF award winner Sony KDL-40w4500 the screen finally succumed to the 'ghosting and double vision' of the recognised (finally) fault which seems to attack these panels after 18-24months. As I had a 5yr warranty (but they wouldn't say the BB was a fault) I got them to take it away and they put in a brand spanking panel

Always go with Samsung. The rest are all garbage when it comes to TV's.

I was going to, I should have gone that route.

Anyway, they came by and they fixed the issue by lowering the brightness from 100 to 60, which really worked.

The brightness @ 100 was way too high anyway because it was killing my eyes, so it killed 2 birds with one stone.

panasonic is good too. i've had mine for like 12-13 years

I never hear anything about Panasonic anymore. I figured I'd go with something people actually know when it comes to TVs.

But after getting a phone by LG and now a TV by LG, and they both have issues with the screen, I might never buy anything LG ever again.

What was the issue with the LG TV? You had the brightness too high.

When the brightness was too high, and the movie or video game went to a black screen, you can see yellow lights on the corners. It's called "bleeding" from what I was told.

Looks like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb3lOs8P_W1kS9wT7vKqs260_WXuaPp9umu9h6HWY33rwMtbPk

It wasn't THAT bad though. After adjusting the brightness from 100 to like 70, you cannot see it that much to the point of aggravation.

the thing is that LG makes their own LCD or LED screens. so does samsung. everyone else buys screens from them.

LG and Sharp are usually the worst TVs out there and usually are cheaper. i found that samsung and panasonic are the best and deliver the best quality picture. but samsung sound sucks

the thing is that LG makes their own LCD or LED screens. so does samsung. everyone else buys screens from them.

LG and Sharp are usually the worst TVs out there and usually are cheaper. i found that samsung and panasonic are the best and deliver the best quality picture. but samsung sound sucks

They make the sound shitty on purpose so that you buy surround systems.

Archived