• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dallas, TX

Albatrosss

does any member here lives or lived in Dallas? or anyone with any opinions on it. can you tell me some facts or your opinions about it. i know that some suburbs of dallas are ranked the highest in the country to live in, like McKinney that was ranked #2 place to live in by CNN Money. My wife has gotten an offer for a job in the Dallas area, so we're looking into it and so far I like it, other than the heat. What do you guys think about Dallas?

My uncle lived in Dallas for eight or nine years working for Continental Airlines, because one of their major repair hangers was there. He loved it and only moved back to Brooklyn because he got offered more money to work out of the Newark Airport repair hanger instead.

I only really remember him complaining about the traffic, but said the food and atmosphere of the city are great.

Everything's bigger in Texas.

And it's gotta be better than Brooklyn.

thats what im thinking. its way cheaper too. i looked at some real estate and a house that would cost around 700-800K in jersey would cost around 300K in the Dallas area. gas is gotta be cheaper too, insurance, groceries, etc

thats what im thinking. its way cheaper too. i looked at some real estate and a house that would cost around 700-800K in jersey would cost around 300K in the Dallas area. gas is gotta be cheaper too, insurance, groceries, etc

Yea, everything but gas I think. Believe NJ has the lowest prices.

My uncle lived in Dallas for eight or nine years working for Continental Airlines, because one of their major repair hangers was there. He loved it and only moved back to Brooklyn because he got offered more money to work out of the Newark Airport repair hanger instead.

I only really remember him complaining about the traffic, but said the food and atmosphere of the city are great.

traffic worse than NYC? kinda hard to believe

I can try to get some more info out of him to help you out, but you'd have to give me a little more on your end first. Do you have specific neighborhoods you're looking at? Or specific concerns?

I can't imagine why. I'd move in a heartbeat if my wife didn't care to leave her family.,

my wife's mom actually wants to move there too now. she's like--if u guys are moving, i aint staying in this shit hole either. my mom won't but she was planning on moving to florida in couple of years anyways.

we want to fly overthere for a weekend to check it out before we make any kind of a decision but I'm kinda excited

I can try to get some more info out of him to help you out, but you'd have to give me a little more on your end first. Do you have specific neighborhoods you're looking at? Or specific concerns?

no, not really. i've been to dallas like 20 years ago and liked it but i was only 18 and so long ago. we have family friends who live in Plano, and it seemed like a good area. i looked at some statistics on schools and they seem to be one of the best in the country. other than plano and Mckinney that i've read about I know nothing about other neighborhoods. Actually, i've been thinking of living in Dallas itself, instead of suburban Dallas, so if there's any info u can find would be great. i hope city of Dallas is a livable city, not like DC or something

I have been to Dallas twice, and I loved it there. I would love to live out there, but I hate the heat. Thats my only gripe with it.

Yup. Wife and I were actually looking at Nashville (seriously), but I just can't take the heat.

looked up youth hockey and they have plenty of organizations around dallas. most seem to be affiliated with the stars.

I go to Dallas for work, also Houston.

Always enjoy my trips to Dallas more.

And yes, very good youth hockey programs there.

Dallas Stars AAA clubs are some of the top In the country.

A feeder for USHL and NAHL.

I go to Dallas for work, also Houston.

Always enjoy my trips to Dallas more.

And yes, very good youth hockey programs there.

Dallas Stars AAA clubs are some of the top In the country.

A feeder for USHL and NAHL.

good to know. thanx PH. I also noticed that travel hockey there starts from squirt level, no mites which is weird for me cause my kid has been playing mites travel for 3 years here in NY

Yup. Wife and I were actually looking at Nashville (seriously), but I just can't take the heat.

its weird that NYC being the best city in teh world but everyone i asked said exact same thing, if they could they'd move out of here in a heartbeat

Archived