• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Do You Take Off Your Shoes/Sneakers When You Visit Someone Else's Home/Apt?

Parsley

Do you take off shoes/sneakers inside someone else's house/apt?Yr  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take off shoes/sneakers inside someone else's house/apt?Yr

• Yes
    • No, not unless asked to do so

If I had family or friends with nasty smelling feet or ass/crotch......I'd have to let them know. Maybe off them a nice, hot shower? ;)

Next time don't even say anything. Just walk into the bathroom, come out, and febreeze the shit out of them.

This. I'd rather people keep their shoes on in my apartment, in most cases, because some people just have horrible smelling feet. I'd rather deal with sweeping up a little extra dirt than deal with smelling your toe cheese.

This is how I feel as well. Usually I am at families houses for holidays where a lot of people are over, unless its the summer and we are over for a BBQ. With friends, we are usually only at someone's house to watcha game, everything else we go out and do stuff.

Carpet = Remove.

Hardwood floors/Tile = Follow homeowner lead.

This is pretty much my code as well.

I come from Sweden where everyone always removes shoes inside. But since living in the US I've seen it's a bit different wherever you go.

Also depends on the situation a lot and what kind of shoes I have, if it's going to be a watching a movie a few hours in the living room the shoes comes off, if it's an inside/outside bbq where ppl go in and out a lot shoes stays on. Also dependent on how long the stay is, if im staying for 5 mins I leave my shoes on unless very dirty. If I have big winter or work boots they come off no matter what.

The only thing I hate about taking off my shoes is that it makes me feel even shorter than I already am. I've been at places where I'm shoeless and I'm talking to a girl in heels or a guy in boots, and I realize like "wtf am I doing? why am I making myself feel all shrimpy" and put my shoes back on.

lol

Also an issue is when it's hard to take them off and put them on. I regularly wear farm boots and hiking shoes when the weather is bad and it's just a biatch to string up the laces properly all the time. I also have several tight fitting leather shoes that need one of those spoons to properly take off. Feels so dumb to ask for one of those.

Carpet = Remove.

Hardwood floors/Tile = Follow homeowner lead.

This. We have 3 levels of hardwood and tile, and 4th level carpet.

When we have gatherings, I just don't care about peoples shoes, it's easy to vacuum up the hardwood and tiles.

If someone has to use the bathroom upstairs during a party/event...I do ask them to take off their shoes.

Archived