• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

How to Create an App?

Chizz

So I have this idea for an app that I've had for quite some time. I've shared the idea with a few people and every person I've shared it with has said that it's an amazing idea and that they haven't seen an app like this yet. Is there anyone here that is knowledgeable about creating apps and would like to hear about it more? I'm basically looking for a business partner that can do the programming and design should they feel it's worth the time and effort.

What was it?

It's was called "Timely Texting".... It was the night before my cousins birthday and I wanted to stay up until midnight to send him a text saying happy birthday. I was getting tired though and didn't want to set an alarm to wake me up because it'd also wake my wife up. The idea is simple. The app would allow you to create a text and have the option to send now or send later. When selecting the send later option it would then ask you what time you want to send it. It's also a cool idea because (and I'm sure you can relate to this) there have been many times where my wife would say to me "Oh can you remind me when I get out of work I need to pick up some groceries." Now, I wouldn't have to worry about reminding her. I would simply send her a text and use the send later option this way the pressure to remind her is off of my shoulders and she gets a text sent to her when she gets out of work reminding her.

It's was called "Timely Texting".... It was the night before my cousins birthday and I wanted to stay up until midnight to send him a text saying happy birthday. I was getting tired though and didn't want to set an alarm to wake me up because it'd also wake my wife up. The idea is simple. The app would allow you to create a text and have the option to send now or send later. When selecting the send later option it would then ask you what time you want to send it. It's also a cool idea because (and I'm sure you can relate to this) there have been many times where my wife would say to me "Oh can you remind me when I get out of work I need to pick up some groceries." Now, I wouldn't have to worry about reminding her. I would simply send her a text and use the send later option this way the pressure to remind her is off of my shoulders and she gets a text sent to her when she gets out of work reminding her.

Yea, GoSMS does this.

Yeah, don't be discouraged just because there is something out there that does it. Especially if you searched and searched and only came up with one thing that does it. Think about how many "to do list" apps are out there. Or email apps.

Do it better. Do it different. What other features could you add? I'm already thinking you can pre-program "quick" texts, like "Don't forget..." so you don't even have to type them out. How about reoccuring texts to remind you that your AA meeting is every third thursday of the month? Timed group texts to remind all your hockey teammates about practice. So many things, just have to figure out how to make them work well and easily.

It may seem simple, but choose between two apps that do the exact same thing but:

A) does one other cool thing.

B) does not.

You're choosing A every time.

Yeah, don't be discouraged just because there is something out there that does it. Especially if you searched and searched and only came up with one thing that does it. Think about how many "to do list" apps are out there. Or email apps.

Do it better. Do it different. What other features could you add? I'm already thinking you can pre-program "quick" texts, like "Don't forget..." so you don't even have to type them out. How about reoccuring texts to remind you that your AA meeting is every third thursday of the month? Timed group texts to remind all your hockey teammates about practice. So many things, just have to figure out how to make them work well and easily.

It may seem simple, but choose between two apps that do the exact same thing but:

A) does one other cool thing.

B) does not.

You're choosing A every time.

Go SMS does all of this flawlessly. You should check it out.

Byt the way, Chizz...I Google'd "send scheduled text messages" and the 2nd link down was this app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lylynx.smsscheduler&hl=en

Archived