• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New Years Resolution

Vodka Drunkenski

I use frozen for 2 reasons -

1. Price. I can eat an entire tree of broccoli in 3 meals, max, or an entire bag in 3 meals, max. One costs thrice as much. I fucking love broccoli, dude.

2. I don't need to worry about spoilage. It's ALWAYS there for me.

If you wanna use fresh, do it. No reason not to if you can afford it. At the rate I go through veggies, I'd be paying almost $625 more a year on broccoli alone, let alone asparagus.

Lol yeah, I barely make money... I'm a part-timer and school... I doubt I have so much time on my hands to go buy fresh veggies and cook up a storm.

I use frozen for 2 reasons -

1. Price. I can eat an entire tree of broccoli in 3 meals, max, or an entire bag in 3 meals, max. One costs thrice as much. I fucking love broccoli, dude.

2. I don't need to worry about spoilage. It's ALWAYS there for me.

If you wanna use fresh, do it. No reason not to if you can afford it. At the rate I go through veggies, I'd be paying almost $625 more a year on broccoli alone, let alone asparagus.

Where the fuck do you shop?

Every time I look at fresh broccoli it's like $3 per head. It's just a $1/bag v $3/head conversion, knowing that I'll go through approximately 4-5 bags or 4-5 heads per week.

It's a difference of $10ish a week, or 520-ish bucks a year. I typoed that 6 - shoulda been 5. Either way, rough.

Every time I look at fresh broccoli it's like $3 per head. It's just a $1/bag v $3/head conversion, knowing that I'll go through approximately 4-5 bags or 4-5 heads per week.

It's a difference of $10ish a week, or 520-ish bucks a year. I typoed that 6 - shoulda been 5. Either way, rough.

Trader Joes and/or Stop and Shop

Ah, I see. Those are not good places to buy Fresh Produce. SnS is just a rip, anyway, and TJ's is no bargain for certain things. You should try some other markets, or you should try 3 Guys From Brooklyn if you ever find yourself there.

Ah, I see. Those are not good places to buy Fresh Produce. SnS is just a rip, anyway, and TJ's is no bargain for certain things. You should try some other markets, or you should try 3 Guys From Brooklyn if you ever find yourself there.

That place is awesome. My parents go there a lot. I might go there myself and get a few things.

I'm not in BK near often enough to take advantage - and almost every market on this blasted isle sells at a similar price. SnS is a bargain in many respects here.

Archived