• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Disney Buys Lucasfilm Studios for $4.0 B

CreaseCrusader91

I'm not surprised. Lucasfilm and Disney have collaborated enough to not make this that surprising. Disney had already had Star Wars Weekends, Star Tours and some Indiana Jones related rides or shows.

I have faith that Disney will for the most part stay out of large affairs regarding Star Wars for the sake of the fan base. Disney has done a fairly good job with Marvel so far and hopefully that doesn't change with Star Wars and Indiana Jones now under the company's control.

Apparently another Star Wars is coming out in 2015.

Which is great, but I'm curious to see how they're going to try and prevent it from overlapping with the 3D rereleases. It also forces the producers to make a decision as to how they intend to carry on the series. Will they continue straight after Episode VI and focus on Thrawn or will they skip ahead to other parts like the Second Galactic Civil War or the Yuuzhan Vong War. Something based off of the old republic wouldn't be bad either.

I'm interested. Lucas was never going to release the third trilogy (it's been rumored to already have a rough story arc done by him and the first movie may have even been written, but he fell out of love with Star Wars again) and there are so many writers who have done the Star Wars extended universe as good if not better than Lucas. I hope Timothy Zahn is involved.

I'm interested. Lucas was never going to release the third trilogy (it's been rumored to already have a rough story arc done by him and the first movie may have even been written, but he fell out of love with Star Wars again) and there are so many writers who have done the Star Wars extended universe as good if not better than Lucas. I hope Timothy Zahn is involved.

That would be awesome if Zahn were involved. I think they should just follow the already cannon material created in the books instead of going around and fucking up EU like Dave Filoni and the Clone wars did.

Archived