• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Three Dead Including Gunman in NJ Pathmark Shooting

Dave

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/31/13587962-three-dead-in-shooting-at-nj-supermarket?lite

Three people are dead, including the gunman, after a shooting took place in a New Jersey supermarket Friday morning, according to NBC 4 New York and wire reports.

A law enforcement official, speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said the shooting happened at just before 4 a.m. ET Friday inside the Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, N.J., a suburb about 25 miles from New York.

This is 15 minutes down the road from where I live. Apparently, gunman was a 23 year old ex-marine, was an employee who got into an arguement, went out to his car then came back in with body armor, an AK47 and a handgun.

Fuck is wrong with these people?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/31/13587962-three-dead-in-shooting-at-nj-supermarket?lite

This is 15 minutes down the road from where I live. Apparently, gunman was a 23 year old ex-marine, was a disgruntled former employee and came in with body armor and an AK47 and a handgun.

Fuck is wrong with these people?

This guy serious?

RIP to the victims.

This is just happening far too often now. Unbelievable.

I don't think this is the case. I just think you're seeing more of it reported. Chicago has dozens of shootings a day. I'm willing to bet one, maybe two even get reported on the news.

I don't think this is the case. I just think you're seeing more of it reported. Chicago has dozens of shootings a day. I'm willing to bet one, maybe two even get reported on the news.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-12/news/ct-met-chicago-homicides-soar-20120412_1_nonfatal-shootings-chicago-homicides-chicago-lawn

From Jan. 1 through April 1 this year, 120 homicides were recorded in Chicago, up sharply from 75 in the same period in both 2011 and 2010, according to department statistics. Nonfatal shootings totaled almost 490 in the first three months of 2012, up 37 percent from a year earlier.

Comes out to about 6.6 shootings a day total for those three months. I wonder how many are reported on the news. And I wonder how many other shootings are go unreported completely and arent even reflected in those numbers.

During one particularly violent weekend last month, 49 people were shot ? 10 of them fatally, including a 6-year-old girl as she sat between her mom's legs on the family's Little Village front porch. The violence was largely concentrated on the South and Southwest sides.

In the last two weeks of March, the violence continued unabated. The department's statistics show that 26 people were killed and more than 80 nonfatal shootings occurred from March 19 through April 1.

Wow

There is a difference between those types of shootings. One is usually more gang violence, the ones that happen almost daily, and the other is a shooting in a movie, bank, mall ect. like we are starting to see more of and that are affecting the everyday person and are in area's that are less crime ridden.

Right, but you're not seeing individual reports for all those shootings, is what I'm saying.

They are usually only reported in the media if its a homicide. Perfect example is that over this summer, me and my unit have had a shooting almost every night. Most shootings dont end in homicide. Most people in the area dont want to acknowledge it either for fear of retribution, and that needs to change. Instead of fighting with the police, these communities need to start coming forward, and their congressmen need to start pushing them as well, instead of just complaining that the cops arent doing anything. I have had shootings on packed streets, and everyone says they didnt see anything. How can you stop something when you get no information on it.

Archived