• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New York Friar Blames Youngsters Who ‘Seduce’ Priests, Coaches; Sympathy For Sandusky

Phil

These types of monsters come from every walk of life and there aren't many statistics on the subject. I read my local paper online very day and I'd say that at least a handful of articles each year talk about teachers having inappropriate sexual contact with students. Without knowing the number of incidents per teacher and the number of incidents per authoritative member of the church, it's impossible to say what is the "winning" pedophile profession. It's entirely possible that there is no connection what so ever.

The church catches the rap they do not because of an increased number, necessarily, but because of how they handle incidents that they know about. In education, the teacher is suspended immediately and the school cooperates with law enforcement. In the church, the crime is often hidden.

These types of monsters come from every walk of life and there aren't many statistics on the subject. I read my local paper online very day and I'd say that at least a handful of articles each year talk about teachers having inappropriate sexual contact with students. Without knowing the number of incidents per teacher and the number of incidents per authoritative member of the church, it's impossible to say what is the "winning" pedophile profession. It's entirely possible that there is no connection what so ever.

The church catches the rap they do not because of an increased number, necessarily, but because of how they handle incidents that they know about. In education, the teacher is suspended immediately and the school cooperates with law enforcement. In the church, the crime is often hidden.

Completely agree here.

Agreed. Where other organizations, employers, etc. would try and distance themselves, the church clams up or defend these people. There is very little accountability.

#teachersunions....

probably arent allowed to fire him until hes convicted

No doubt.

There will be some bullshit along the way, adding reasonable doubt, and this guy will be back teaching in a year with full back pay.

This issue is bigger than the church and what this loon from the OP says.

I thought this wasnt a thread attacking the church??

It's not. It's a thread attacking the absurdity of what a member of the Church just publicly stated.

The Church is not exempt from scrutiny when members of it's organization, who represent it, speak absurdities. Sorry.

This right here. If the church would distance itself from these nutjobs and burn pedophiles at the stake, they'd escape criticism in regards to this.

I think its because people want to attack the church... as was deleted, earlier.

As was not deleted, the teachers union and schools/colleges protect teachers, as well. They dont want their name dragged through the mud. See: Penn State.

Hate the player, not the game. Blaming the church is ignoring that this is one 'sick' individual.

I think its because people want to attack the church... as was deleted, earlier.

As was not deleted, the teachers union and schools/colleges protect teachers, as well. They dont want their name dragged through the mud. See: Penn State.

Hate the player, not the game. Blaming the church is ignoring that this is one 'sick' individual.

Yeah, if there wasn't a laundry list of shit-streaked history staining the history of the church in the first place.

You can sit here all you like and try and ignore the trend, but the fact remains that the Catholic Church, specifically, has actually COVERED UP crimes of pedophilia and had an entire policy in place to simply shuffle accused priests to new parishes as opposed to actually turning them over to local authorities on child abuse/rape charges.

So no, this is not just "one" sick individual. It's one sick individual who belongs to a group who has policies in place to protect a magnitude of other sick "individuals".

Dont' rely on faith, rely on fact.

Archived