• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What would you have done in this situation?

Parsley

What would you do?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Jump!
    • Wait for help
    • Don't know, unless put in that exact situation

I would jump, but not with my arms and legs flailing like that. I'd try to stay calm, scoot off so I'd fall relatively straight and then hit and roll out. The skyride at Seaside is about 30 feet high or so.

Absolutely wait for help.

I'm guessing that this is the right move. That skyride has been there for decades, so I doubt the wind is any real danger. The only danger would be a lightening strike and I've got to think the chances of that happening, even up there in a metal basket, is so very slim.

Still, I'd jump. I've been on that skyride dozens of times and have always asserted that I'd jump if I had to. Being stuck during a thunderstorm gaurantees I wouldn't get arrested.

Those winds were pretty bad though...if i were her maybe i would've climbed down a bit and hang off the foot rest thing, then dropped. the way she jumped is just asking to get hurt, she's lucky.

This is what I would have attempted.

I'm guessing that this is the right move. That skyride has been there for decades, so I doubt the wind is any real danger. The only danger would be a lightening strike and I've got to think the chances of that happening, even up there in a metal basket, is so very slim.

Still, I'd jump. I've been on that skyride dozens of times and have always asserted that I'd jump if I had to. Being stuck during a thunderstorm gaurantees I wouldn't get arrested.

If I'm jumping, I'm not jumping like she did. She looked like she was a first-time sky-diver there. Just freaked out and flailed the whole way down. That's a sure-fire way to break bones.

I'd shimmy off the edge, lower myself down until I was hanging with a solid grip and then slightly swing forward when I dropped to try and tuck and roll when I hit the ground.

Like others have said, I might hang down and then drop, attempt to roll out (i'm not good at this). Broken leg? $$$$$$$$$

I might have actually just stayed put though. I'm the biggest pussy when it comes to heights. It would have taken a lot for me to actually jump.

Like others have said, I might hang down and then drop, attempt to roll out (i'm not good at this). Broken leg? $$$$$$$$$

I might have actually just stayed put though. I'm the biggest pussy when it comes to heights. It would have taken a lot for me to actually jump.

I hate heights and I hate thunder. No way I'm staying up there for a big storm.

Archived