• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Money Saving Thread

Pete

Any tips for how to shoot for when asking for a credit line increase? I have the same limit on my card as I did when I was 18 and was working 20 hours a week and never during the school year

I was able to get an increase on my major card last year. They doubled it. The balance was relatively low, and my account was current. I'm sure if your balance is less than half your limit, and your account is current, you can get some kind of increase. Especially since your account is what, 5 years old?

I was able to get an increase on my major card last year. They doubled it. The balance was relatively low, and my account was current. I'm sure if your balance is less than half your limit, and your account is current, you can get some kind of increase. Especially since your account is what, 5 years old?

Yea, I have never missed a payment, usually pay it off in full every month, and have a good amount in my checking account. I asked for an 8x increase, but I was at 1,000 so it's not too out of line

Yea, I have never missed a payment, usually pay it off in full every month, and have a good amount in my checking account. I asked for an 8x increase, but I was at 1,000 so it's not too out of line

Same as you, had the card since I was 18, etc. I plan on going up in $1k increments every other month. I started last month. Up to $3K now.

Same as you, had the card since I was 18, etc. I plan on going up in $1k increments every other month. I started last month. Up to $3K now.

Lol, I just went high end and see what they counter with. There's no reason why I shouldn't be approved for at least a $5,000 line of credit right now though

Lol, I just went high end and see what they counter with. There's no reason why I shouldn't be approved for at least a $5,000 line of credit right now though

Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem seeing as how you have a full-time job. What kind of card is it?

I just got a new card - PNC CashBuilder Visa - yesterday since I want to start getting cash back on my purchases and, with PNC, get cash back based on my banking account balance.

Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem seeing as how you have a full-time job. What kind of card is it?

I just got a new card - PNC CashBuilder Visa - yesterday since I want to start getting cash back on my purchases and, with PNC, get cash back based on my banking account balance.

BankAmericard, it's pretty basic but I think I will stay with it since I just got an American Express Green Card that I will use for rewards and shit like that

The best rewards card is Chase Sapphire. If you'e going by opportunity for cashback, and miles, and rewards points all in one, there's none better.

Yea, I'm going to apply for that too, seems like the perfect one with the types of rewards you get and what I spend money on

OH and I disagree, Peetie. The best rewards card is Citi Forward, if you can get it (has to do with being a student possibly, not sure). 5% back on a few categories, including bookstores. The loophole is that Amazon.com is considered a bookstore. So anything I purchase on Amazon gives me 5% back. :)

But it only has one benefit. Cash back. Sapphire has multiple benefits and ways to earn points. I get extra points for buying shit on certain sites (like 10 points for every dollar at Khol's, 5 for every dollar Home Depot), no blackout dates for travel, double point on dining/travel and gas. Getting a nickel back on every dollar isn't really worth it, to me at least.

Anyone of you have a creditcard with airline benefits? Grace and I are considering a Delta Platinum card, but it's American Express and that's just not as common as Visa or Mastercard. I feel like that could be an issue using it for anything else than flying.

Anyone of you have a creditcard with airline benefits? Grace and I are considering a Delta Platinum card, but it's American Express and that's just not as common as Visa or Mastercard. I feel like that could be an issue using it for anything else than flying.

I got the JetBlue Amex Card. I think they just changed how they award points. I get a point for every dollar spent, double points if you book a trip online, then points based on air miles travelled on JetBlue.

Archived