• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

90's Bands Making A Return

NYR2711

This summer, a ton of 90's bands are making a comeback. Smashing Pumpkins have a new album just out that is getting huge reviews, I havent heard it yet, but other bands are coming back as well. Lit has a new album out that is pretty good. Marcy Playground, Everclear, Suger Ray, Gin Blossoms, Soundgarden, Candlebox, Soul Asylum, Matchbox 20, No Doubt, Be Folds Five, NOFX, Suicidal Tendancies, Rancid, Tool, Hoobastank, Ugly Kid Joe, The Wallflowers and a couple of other bands all have new albums coming out this year and are going out on tour. I am pretty excited to hear some new stuff by some of these bands.

Just saw that Eve 6, Nada Surf, The Cranberries Counting Crows also all had an album come out already as well. I also heard COC is getting back together.

Yeah, I posted a vid to the new Smashing Pumpkins album opener in another thread. I heard the whole album this week and it's about as good as anything I've heard them do in the last 15 years. Okay, some things here and there, but it's a really cool album with lots of nice hooks and riffs.

Soundgarden was at a local festival three weeks ago. I wasn't very much impressed. It was more loud than anything. He's still a fantastic singer, but the new work is "meh" and live it really wasn't impressive.

Archived